+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Etzioauditore14

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
They will need the original passport to verify the information provided on the form and with the copies but they will return back the original passport after verification. They won't keep any original documents with them. However, it is better to take the original documents there just in case if something is needed.
I am pretty sure you dont need to submit anything original now.

jp88875

Dec 16, 2020
Hi All - I need some clarification on the PCC process. I am filling the PCC application form on the passport portal (https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/) and on the 4th step it asks to enter Address in India. I want to check if I need to fill the address as on passport (have the same address on pancard, aadhar etc.) or the address where my parents are staying so they can verify my documents as they are staying in a different state. Also, the police station to be mentioned will be the city my parents are staying so they can verify my documents?

Thanks

Isha 14

Dec 4, 2020
Hi Guys I am going to apply police clearance in Brampton, I don’t have spouse name in my passport, we both are living in Brampton for last one year and we have work permit valid until Oct 2022 .

Is it mandatory to have spouse name in my passport to apply for an Indian PCC ?
Yes it is.
These guys have asked me for passport renewal.
Passport renewal process itself tales 2 months and after that atleast one month for PCC.

Isha 14

Dec 4, 2020
Hello guys,

I need your assistance on the below situation.
I got my ITA on 1 Nov 2020 and I went to BLS Brampton for PCC, they rejected the application saying spouse name should be there on my passport.
I applied for general passport renewal on 11 Nov and it will hopefully be done by Jan 15, 2021.
After that only I could apply for PCC.
By which it means that I won't be able to submit my documents on time(Feb 1,2021).
Really stuck in this situation.
Please guide how to move forward. Should we decline the ITA or should we send the PCC application receipt and acknowledge details.
Looking forward to hearing from you all soon.
P.S: I didn't applied for Tatkal passport (my mistake), but these guys are making money and doing nothing on time.

LuXar

Mar 13, 2018
Yes it is.
These guys have asked me for passport renewal.
Passport renewal process itself tales 2 months and after that atleast one month for PCC.
spouse name not required now check the updated checklist

they revised on Nov 18 2020
last time it was revised on oct 20 2020.

when did you applied for PCC anyway ?

this is what is says on the new checklist

In case, there is a change in present address from Indian passport and in case of addition/deletion/change of spouse name (due to marriage/divorce/death post issuance of passport) will be verified with regard to present address proof document and marriage/divorce/death certificate.

New checklist for Toronto -toronto-PCC-Checklist-Rev-10-10-NOV-18-2020.pdf (blsindia-canada.com)

Old checklist for Toronto - toronto-pcc-checklist-rev-10-9-oct-20-2020.pdf (blsindia-canada.com)

Last edited:

LuXar

Mar 13, 2018
Hello guys,

I got my ITA on 1 Nov 2020 and I went to BLS Brampton for PCC, they rejected the application saying spouse name should be there on my passport.
I applied for general passport renewal on 11 Nov and it will hopefully be done by Jan 15, 2021.
By which it means that I won't be able to submit my documents on time(Feb 1,2021).
Please guide how to move forward. Should we decline the ITA or should we send the PCC application receipt and acknowledge details.
P.S: I didn't applied for Tatkal passport (my mistake), but these guys are making money and doing nothing on time.
Don't worry I'm in the same boat.

As far as i know IRCC will give you extension if your file is not complete. But make sure you put LOE.

Last edited:

Isha 14

Dec 4, 2020
Actually I went for PCC around Oct 29, 2020. But this is so unfair. They can't keep on changing the rules. My passport renewal is still stuck.
God knows when will I initiate my PCC

LuXar

Mar 13, 2018
Actually I went for PCC around Oct 29, 2020. But this is so unfair. They can't keep on changing the rules. My passport renewal is still stuck.
God knows when will I initiate my PCC
I was in similar situation like you just 15 days ago.

But I have more than enough time so I was waiting and trying to find different ways.

Now I am going to apply PCC next week.

But don't worry if cannot get it on time just submit with LOE.

Island_man

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hello guys,

Now the rules are chaged , I spoke to BLS Brampton and they said its not mandatory to have spouse name on passport, I applied dec 1st week they accepted my application , its reached consulate and verification done at local police station as well and now waiting for PCC

I hope this will help you

Reactions: astraldust

Isha 14

Dec 4, 2020
Now the rules are chaged , I spoke to BLS Brampton and they said its not mandatory to have spouse name on passport, I applied dec 1st week they accepted my application , its reached consulate and verification done at local police station as well and now waiting for PCC

Yeah I came to know about the latest update. But I am helpless now as I have already initiated passport renewal which seems to be stuck
Also I don't think I could apply for PCC with old passport details as it will be cancelled after getting new one

Reactions: astraldust

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020

astraldust

Feb 24, 2019

I suppose the geniuses at BLS got drowned in requests for new passports.

Last edited:

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys, I am filling in the PCC application for citizenship. I lived with my parents in their old address in their last home for 7 months. Should I give the address I lived in with them or the address they are living right now? It looks like I need to identify/locate the local police station as well. Do they verify whether they are living there etc.?