+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

syedzeeshan

Jul 1, 2023
Posting my time line

19th June 2023 -Applied in Person @Bls Brampton

22 June 2023 - Status on Passport Seva Portal -PCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.

26 June 2023 -
Status on Passport Seva Portal - PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. CAT number generated
No email received.

27 June 2023
Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.

28th 2023 June
Received from Passport Admin.

1 July 2023 - Verification done as local police station - thy asked for my aadhar card and photo

10 - July 2023- Status updated - PCC is clear - had to follow up with local police - it seems they had not sent it

12 July 2023 - Status - Updated to - PCC is available for issuance

15 July 2023 - Status updated to - PCC printed on PASSPORT INDIA portal

18 July 2023 - Got a text saying mail coming via purolator - status on BLS Website updated with tracking details - Status on PASSPORT INDIA is still the same - PCC printed
After the tracking details update, how many days did it take you to receive the PCC from Purolator?

Akshay778

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Indian PCC was pretty quick. timelines

July 4 - Posted to BLS via puralator
July 5 - Received by BLS
July 7 - Processing at Consulate
July 12 - PCC initiated
July 15 - PCC cleared
July 15 - PCC printed
July 16 - in transit
July 17 - PCC received and delivered

So total less than 2 weeks.

Some points to note - I have not been to India since 5 years. Passport renewed and issued at a country other than India. And my police station was Mumbai. I assume Mumbai/Maharashtra Police is very quick and efficient

kapoor90

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021

July 5 - Received by BLS
July 12 - PCC initiated
July 15 - PCC cleared
July 15 - PCC printed
July 16 - in transit

Some points to note - I have not been to India since 5 years. Passport renewed and issued at a country other than India. And my police station was Mumbai. I assume Mumbai/Maharashtra Police is very quick and efficient
did you send the original passport as well?

chiragbatra

Nov 23, 2022
Hi All,

If we are visiting the Toronto BLS office in person, how do they send the passport back to your home? Do we also need to send a pre-paid return envelop?

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
16 Aug: I visited CGI Toronto office and requested for PCC. They gave me a print out of PCC.
To go to CGI office do we have to take an appointment. What is the process. Mine is stuck as "Police verification report is clear. PCC is available for issuance" since 14th August. If we go in person do they give the PCC copy in hand

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
To go to CGI office do we have to take an appointment. What is the process. Mine is stuck as "Police verification report is clear. PCC is available for issuance" since 14th August. If we go in person do they give the PCC copy in hand
You can go during open hours in wednesday between 3-5 PM. No, they wont give you PCC in hand, but they will print it and probably you should see movement in next coming days. It happened in my case!!

Reactions: ahanan

rahul2302

Aug 22, 2023

July 5 - Received by BLS
July 12 - PCC initiated
July 15 - PCC cleared
July 15 - PCC printed
July 16 - in transit

Did you send original passport with your postal application? I am getting conflicting information on this forum and the query i submitted on cgitorronto samark portal

rahul2302

Aug 22, 2023
Hello, can anyone who has sent a postal application recently confirm if original indian passport is required with postal application? cgitoronto agent responds that original is needed but several people in this forum say that only copies are needed. Please help

the_bong_chi

Dec 31, 2020
Hello, can anyone who has sent a postal application recently confirm if original indian passport is required with postal application? cgitoronto agent responds that original is needed but several people in this forum say that only copies are needed. Please help
No you don't have to submit your Originals.
If you are applying from Canada, They only require your self-attested copies of Passport, Work-Permit, PCC Application Form, Original Demand Draft, 2 original visa size photos, and PCC Checklist.