+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Does anyone know how long it takes for them to update the status once the local police verification is done ?
can someone please advise ?

Local police verification is already done on the 1 July but status on the passport portal is still the same - "Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian EmbassyConsulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy Consulate where the applicant applied after a Clear Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy Consulate "

As per the local police they have already sent it from their end. :(

how long it takes for them to update the status once the local police verification is done

Last edited:

Akshay778

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Any updates how long does it take for the application to reach CGI after documents reached them via puralator? BLS seems pretty inefficient as compared to VFS who manage Indian embassies in other parts of the world. Dealing with BLS seems impossible. :( Hopefully Indian Embassy switches its outsourcing partner back to VFS. They have much better facilities and management.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Here is my timeline:
21 Jan - PCC form filled on Passport Seva portal
26 Jan - Purolator document pick-up
30 Jan - Documents received by BLS
3 Feb - Tracking info visible on BLS website. Application sent to consulate.
11 Feb - Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.

At this point, application was sitting there at SP office in India without me knowing. Waited for 7-8 days but nobody contacted my family from the police station.

22 Feb - First follow up to the local police station. They said no application received at their end with those CAT numbers.
23 Feb - Raised a Sampark request to Toronto consulate. They responded the same day that application is sitting at SP office. Please contact them.
24 Feb - Sent family member to the SP office, and after a lot of hassle they forwarded the request to local police station.

27 Feb - PCC done at India Police station
28 Feb - PCC Verification report is clear. PCC is available for issuance.
1 Mar - PCC has peen printed.
2 Mar - In Transit from Consulate to BLS
2 Mar - BLS shipped the document to my address via Purolator
3 Mar - Purolator halted their service for the day due to our infamous "Snow Storms" :D
4 & 5 Mar - Sunny days but Purolator doesn't deliver on weekends even if it is express delivery and we are made to pay CAD100! Anyways, that's the rant for another day.
6 Mar - PCC finally delivered. Received it with watery eyes. What a mess to get a simple letter with one line on it!

Lessons learnt:
  • Indian Police department is still inefficient as ever. So don't wait more than two days after you receive initiation email before sending someone to the local police station.
  • Raise a Sampark request to ask about unusual delays if you are in Toronto jurisdiction. They are pretty responsive and usually responds the same day. No complaints on their end.
  • Don't wait for ITA to do PCC. If you think you have enough points to need PCC in next 6 months, act proactively and get your PCC done when you still have time.
Keep working diligently and everything will fall in place. Good luck with your PR process.
How did u raise the sampark querry - i had a raised a query 2 days ago - no response till date

also i see this on the website - so as per this they wont even answer these type of question -

the local police verification was done for me on 1July and it was also sent by them (as per them) but the status on the portal hasnt been updated

So i raised the same question on the sampark query asking by when would the status be updated.

Can you please advise

Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
This portal is only for queries unanswered in FAQs. Queries of following nature will not be responded to:
1. Status enquiry of an application. Applicants can view the status on passportindia website where the application was submitted and on BLS website. In case of a shortcoming the Consulate communicates directly at the email ID submitted in the application.
2. Request for expediting application.

3. Exceptions to existing guidelines.

Reactions: Prakash_Reddy

chenx

Jun 26, 2023
Hello
Did the status change for you ? Local police verification is already done on the 1 July but status on the passport portal is still the same - Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy /Consulate ..........................
Hey!

Mine was PCC verification initiated on July 1st--> PCC clear, ready for issuance on July 5th

So from what I understand after the actual verification
Local police (upload from their side, then it goes to) -->SP office (who upload it from their end too) --> starts reflecting on our tracking.
(Sidenote: I have a deadline coming in ard 10 days, someone helped my file to go through, as he had a "contact". This "contact" told us that they generally delay the process to min 2 weeks jus like that!)

Now if the local police are confirming they uploaded, you can try reaching out to the SP office to hurry up. Or ask the local cop for who to contact to request "hurry-up process"

What I learnt: Bruhh it's all messed up!

Reactions: neo69

Snehperm

Jun 27, 2023
Hello

My status for PCC is "Printed". It has been a few days now since it has been showing that. IS anyone else was or is in the same situation? How many days does it take to reach you after it has been printed. Even the BLS tracking says processing at Consulate. Is there some other website to track? I have been tracking on Passport Seva and BLS website. Appreciate all the help, Thanks!

akbak

Jul 10, 2023
^^ Same situation. My PCC status has been "printed" for couple of days while BLS tracking continues to show processing at the consulate.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hey!

Mine was PCC verification initiated on July 1st--> PCC clear, ready for issuance on July 5th

So from what I understand after the actual verification
Local police (upload from their side, then it goes to) -->SP office (who upload it from their end too) --> starts reflecting on our tracking.
(Sidenote: I have a deadline coming in ard 10 days, someone helped my file to go through, as he had a "contact". This "contact" told us that they generally delay the process to min 2 weeks jus like that!)

Now if the local police are confirming they uploaded, you can try reaching out to the SP office to hurry up. Or ask the local cop for who to contact to request "hurry-up process"

What I learnt: Bruhh it's all messed up!
Thanks for your advise. I guess it will be benefit anyone who is trying to get it done. The local police acts like an ass and one needs to to follow up even after paying them !!!

Thanks yes- its messed up :( . I followed up with local police - thy did it now - i guess something was pending from their end. Its updated now on the portal - " Police Verification Report is clear.PCC is available for issuance. "

Now lets see how much time thy take to send it to me

Reactions: chenx

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
How did u raise the sampark querry - i had a raised a query 2 days ago - no response till date

also i see this on the website - so as per this they wont even answer these type of question -

the local police verification was done for me on 1July and it was also sent by them (as per them) but the status on the portal hasnt been updated

So i raised the same question on the sampark query asking by when would the status be updated.

Can you please advise

Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
This portal is only for queries unanswered in FAQs. Queries of following nature will not be responded to:
1. Status enquiry of an application. Applicants can view the status on passportindia website where the application was submitted and on BLS website. In case of a shortcoming the Consulate communicates directly at the email ID submitted in the application.
2. Request for expediting application.

3. Exceptions to existing guidelines.

Sampark querry is BS - thy dont reply - classic gov office :) - Just documenting it here based on my exp - this option may not work
i tried emailing them as well - no response !!!!!!!

chenx

Jun 26, 2023
Sampark querry is BS - thy dont reply - classic gov office :) - Just documenting it here based on my exp - this option may not work
i tried emailing them as well - no response !!!!!!!
Hmm..I raised a query & sent an email yesterday that I have a deadline soon. I attached a screenshot as well. I was planning to got to the open house tomor. They responded jus now via email saying they wil "issue by next week"

chenx

Jun 26, 2023
Thanks for your advise. I guess it will be benefit anyone who is trying to get it done. The local police acts like an ass and one needs to to follow up even after paying them !!!

Thanks yes- its messed up :( . I followed up with local police - thy did it now - i guess something was pending from their end. Its updated now on the portal - " Police Verification Report is clear.PCC is available for issuance. "

Now lets see how much time thy take to send it to me
Nice that it's available though!

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hmm..I raised a query & sent an email yesterday that I have a deadline soon. I attached a screenshot as well. I was planning to got to the open house tomor. They responded jus now via email saying they wil "issue by next week"
great
Maybe they didn’t respond to me as the status was not updated to pcc is clear

u logged a sampark query correct?
Can you please share the email id u sent email to I will also need to do it

chenx

Jun 26, 2023
great
Maybe they didn’t respond to me as the status was not updated to pcc is clear

u logged a sampark query correct?
Can you please share the email id u sent email to I will also need to do it
Yeah Sampark they won't respond unless it's missing info or somethin else directly involving them.

Now that yur pcc is clear..indian 'indian' part is done. It's all in hands of embassy and bls now.

This is the email I used (I didn tag any other emails):
pcc.toronto@mea.gov.in

Akshay778

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I submitted a PCC application at the Brampton BLS center on June 29. Now that I am tracking the application on BLS and the Government of India's website, I noticed that the wrong date of birth is being displayed.

I rechecked the PCC application form pdf and it has the correct Date of Birth.

I called BLS and all they have to say is "That is just for tracking purposes".

Will it cause problems? I am starting to worry now.
Hi, any update regarding your application? has it progressed. For my application, they mentioned wrong passport number for tracking purposes. lol

TAPRI

Nov 17, 2022
Applied for PCC on 9th June,
Police verification done at home on 29th June,
Still the status shows "Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate. "
Follow-up at police station, they confirmed everything is completed from their side.
Whom to reach out to next in this case in order to expedite?

Appreciate your help!