+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Vishal100

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Can we visit directly at CGI during open hours or have to book somewhere in advance. My PCC status is approved since May 18 but not yet printed so I am thinking of visiting CGI to push for my case
Hello,
Once cleared how long does it take for printing and post via BLS? I cannot visit CGI during open hours due to work commitments.

Any insight would be helpful. Thank you

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Finally got my wife's PCC today with teary eyes, my deadline to submit application is by Sunday. The entire process was like a nail-biting thriller. I am posting my timelines for reference.

My wife got PCC from India before she left but it doesn't cover the entire duration (short by 1 week), so right after she came, we applied for PCC through postal application (we tried to see if we can get appointment for walk-in unfortunately it was full). We also didn't know that we could do walk in at BLS directly without appointment ( https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/alert_detail/?alertid=225), although it may be first come first serve basis, we could have tried our luck and got our application in sooner.

First PCC Submission - April 27, 2023
Processing at BLS - May 1, 2023
Status update at BLS - May 4, 2023 (Application is returned due to errors, while filling up my wife's PCC form, i put her father's name and mother's name as full name instead of what exactly as in passport - Lesson for others, please type exactly as in your passport, if you put different name, give their passport copies along with the application to not get rejected.

Second PCC Submission - May 5, 2023 by Purolator
Reached BLS - May 8, 2023
Sent to Consul - May 11, 2023
Passport Seva - May 12, 2023 PCC has been received
PCC initiated - May 16, 2023 (Called my local police station, since its been my permanent address for 10 years back in Chennai, India and i have already got PCC multiple times for work related reasons, i had the officer number and i called him and gave the details. He asked me to send the wife's aadhar card and asked questions about our stay as a formal enquiry and cleared the application)
PCC Cleared - May 19, 2023
(As per the forum member's suggestion, my wife went to Consulate on Wednesday during open hours and spoke with officer, while the office initially was reluctant they did help and printed the PCC, status updated the same day
PCC printed - May 24, 2023
In transit from Consul general to BLS. - May 25, 2023
(my wife went to brampton BLS office and told that we will collect the pcc in person instead of courier as courier will reach us by Monday which is past our deadline. The BLS person told its ok and marked it)
PCC Dispatched by courier (another headache) - May 25, 2023
BLS website updated status to PCC dispatched with tracking number even though we told them to hold on, headache started again, my wife went again today hoping its not dispatched and luckily it didn't and we got PCC

So, we got PCC within 21 days.

Lessons learnt: Going to CGI did speed up the process, walkin can be done without appointments too.

hoping my post helps someone.

Thanks!!

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Can we send an email if the status does not change in 7-10 working days?

Which email address do they usually reply
i did send email but they didn't respond, but many folks here did say they responded to emails. If emails dont work out, i'd suggest you to go and meet them on wednesday during open hours if possible to expedite your application.
These are the email ID's i used to send them

p.sejal17

Aug 17, 2019
My local police station verification is done on 20 May 2023.. but still status is not updated. It is still in police verification initiated status. Please help what to do.. my BLS center is Brampton and Toronto jurisdiction.

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
My local police station verification is done on 20 May 2023.. but still status is not updated. It is still in police verification initiated status. Please help what to do.. my BLS center is Brampton and Toronto jurisdiction.
Did you call your police station and make sure they cleared it? if they did, it could be with SP office, make sure that someone from your family / friend visit and get confirmation that your file is cleared, if its indeed cleared, raise a sampark query through CGI website and if possible go to consulate on open house hours to get a response from consulate.

Reactions: p.sejal17

Vishal100

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016

p.sejal17

Aug 17, 2019
Did you call your police station and make sure they cleared it? if they did, it could be with SP office, make sure that someone from your family / friend visit and get confirmation that your file is cleared, if its indeed cleared, raise a sampark query through CGI website and if possible go to consulate on open house hours to get a response from consulate.
My police verification is clear now

Reactions: krishislegend

Vishal100

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Can you please tell what documents do they want in india from our family?
Send a copy of all the documents you have submitted with your application to your family in India.

Plus 2 x photograph

1 -neighbour (Photo ID)
Father/Brother - Photo Id (Who will visit at the police station.)

Thanks

Reactions: amancingh