+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

farhanzamo

Apr 13, 2023
13 Apr - Purolator pickup
14 Apr - Processing at BLS
21 Apr - Sent to Consulate
24 Apr- Processing at Consulate (No CAT generated yet.)

Hopefully I get in in 4-6 weeks....

Arka161

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
How much time does it take after "Processing at Consulate General"? I sent my application on 17th April, and the status changed to "Processing at Consulate General" on 21st. Shall I mail the CGI in Vancouver? Any idea what to do to make it as fast as possible?

Ankitagrawalla

Feb 8, 2021
I’m not sure when will they dispatch it to BLs and then back to us! So, moving forward, we have to check BLS site to track and not passport seva website!
Please keep us posted if you have any updates !thanks
BLS website updated today. Ready for dispatch. I guess I'll receive it before the end of this week.

Reactions: vignesh93

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
Here is my UPDATED timeline for Indian PCC for PR application (CEC-EE) via in-person appointment submission at BLS Brampton using appointment service:

30th March, 2023 - PCC Form filled on Passport Seva website

31st March, 2023 - Application submitted in-person at BLS Brampton (quite lucky to get appointment at BLS Brampton the next day)
Note: The walk-in and appointment (in-person) application submissions will be processed immediately but postal applications will take a week from the date of receipt to initiate processing at BLS (as informed by BLS rep).

1st April, 2023 - BLS Website: In transit from BLS to Consulate General

3rd April, 2023 - Application along with the fee is received at Embassy and the same in under processing- Passport Seva website but at BLS: Processing at Consulate General

06th April, 2023- Application under review at Embassy/Consulate.

07th April 2023 - at 7.00 p.m. EST: Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate, but at BLS website: Processing at Consulate General

09th April 2023- at 11.00 am IST: Same online status but the PCC verification was done at local police station (my Father was asked to visit the local police station via call with all requested documents)

13th April 2023- PCC report is clear and available for issuance-passport website

18th April 2023- Sent email to toronto@mea… asking for update but no response

20th April 2023-Raised a query in Sampark portal mentioning the slow progress and asking to issue it asap

21st April 2023 - Status at passport seva website updated to “PCC has been printed”

24th April 2023- In transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre (In BLS website) but at passport seva the status is same "PCC is Printed"

25th April 2023- Ready for dispatch in BLS website (morning around 9)

25th April 2023 (at 6.00pm)- Dispatched via courier with Courier details (Puralator with tracking ID and phone number) in BLS Tracking as I paid courier fee while submitting my application in-person. The BLS team will never ask whether we can pick it up. so if you can pick it up from BLS, save $$35.00 and pick it up. We missed this.

Hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow as Mississauga is next to Brampton

Last edited:
Reactions: navneet046

Ankitagrawalla

Feb 8, 2021
Here is my UPDATED timeline for Indian PCC for PR application (CEC-EE) via in-person appointment submission at BLS Brampton using appointment service:

30th March, 2023 - PCC Form filled on Passport Seva website

31st March, 2023 - Application submitted in-person at BLS Brampton (quite lucky to get appointment at BLS Brampton the next day)
Note: The walk-in and appointment (in-person) application submissions will be processed immediately but postal applications will take a week from the date of receipt to initiate processing at BLS (as informed by BLS rep).

1st April, 2023 - BLS Website: In transit from BLS to Consulate General

3rd April, 2023 - Application along with the fee is received at Embassy and the same in under processing- Passport Seva website but at BLS: Processing at Consulate General

06th April, 2023- Application under review at Embassy/Consulate.

07th April 2023 - at 7.00 p.m. EST: Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate, but at BLS website: Processing at Consulate General

09th April 2023- at 11.00 am IST: Same online status but the PCC verification was done at local police station (my Father was asked to visit the local police station via call with all requested documents)

13th April 2023- PCC report is clear and available for issuance-passport website

18th April 2023- Sent email to toronto@mea… asking for update but no response

20th April 2023-Raised a query in Sampark portal mentioning the slow progress and asking to issue it asap

21st April 2023 - Status at passport seva website updated to “PCC has been printed”

24th April 2023- In transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre (In BLS website) but at passport seva the status is same "PCC is Printed"

25th April 2023- Ready for dispatch in BLS website (morning around 9)

25th April 2023 (at 6.00pm)- Dispatched via courier with Courier details (Puralator with tracking ID and phone number) in BLS Tracking as I paid courier fee while submitting my application in-person. The BLS team will never ask whether we can pick it up. so if you can pick it up from BLS, save $$35.00 and pick it up. We missed this.

Hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow as Mississauga is next to Brampton
Yep same. Mine also says despatched today through courier. Expected date of delivery is tomorrow. Finally!

Reactions: vignesh93

farhanzamo

Apr 13, 2023
How much time does it take after "Processing at Consulate General"? I sent my application on 17th April, and the status changed to "Processing at Consulate General" on 21st. Shall I mail the CGI in Vancouver? Any idea what to do to make it as fast as possible?
Mine changed to Processing at Indian Embassy/Consulate today.

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
My current situation. I am one of those ppl who do not have ANY family members in India at my address and home is locked. So I had to get a friend to walk into the police station with aadhaar card and passport photocopies and beg/plead the officers to get my file to be passed. In one case my file had not even reached the police station. Sampary query showed that is was sent to the wrong police station. I had to call/whatsapp the officer in that station to get it transferred to my local police station. IN short - All sorts of problems. Be VERY careful while selecting your local police station on the application form.

18th Mar 2023 - PCC Aplication Submitted to BLS
20th Mar 2023 - PCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
22nd Mar 2023 - Police verification has been initiated
05th Apr 2023 - PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
12th Apr 2023 - Friend of mine went to local police station and submitted Aadhar/passport copies since I have no family members in India at my address.
14th Apr 2023 - File has been sent to Commissioner's Office
26th Apr 2023 - PCC application is STILL under review at Indian Embassy/Consultate.
27th Apr 2023 - Police Verification Report is Clear. PCC is available for Issuance.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Need some help, I got my PCC from India (through High Commission of India) and in the letter it says it is valid for “Immigration purposes other than citizenship for Canada”. Now I am confused as to whether it’s okay to submit it or should it say valid for “Residency Permit for Canada” ?

Last edited:

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Need some help, I got my PCC from India (through High Commission of India) and in the letter it says it is valid for “Immigration purposes other than citizenship for Canada”. Now I am confused as to whether it’s okay to submit it or should it say valid for “Residency Permit for Canada” ?
Yes it is valid. This is correct PCC.

Reactions: immg.applicant

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Yes it is valid. This is correct PCC.
Thanks for your reply.
Sorry for being repetitive but I forgot to mention that PCC is for my permanent residence application, so is it still okay to use it with the wording “Immigration purposes other than citizenship for Canada”??

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for your reply.
Sorry for being repetitive but I forgot to mention that PCC is for my permanent residence application, so is it still okay to use it with the wording “Immigration purposes other than citizenship for Canada”??
Yes Thats what its supposed to say . This is correct PCC you have to use . It should say same wordings.

Reactions: immg.applicant

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
I am trying to upload my PCC from India but while uploading, it is asking for expiry date of PCC. Now the problem is, there is no expiry date mentioned on PCC document.
Anyone ran into a similar issue?

uniswift

Apr 18, 2023
My current situation. I am one of those ppl who do not have ANY family members in India at my address and home is locked. So I had to get a friend to walk into the police station with aadhaar card and passport photocopies and beg/plead the officers to get my file to be passed. In one case my file had not even reached the police station. Sampary query showed that is was sent to the wrong police station. I had to call/whatsapp the officer in that station to get it transferred to my local police station. IN short - All sorts of problems. Be VERY careful while selecting your local police station on the application form.

18th Mar 2023 - PCC Aplication Submitted to BLS
20th Mar 2023 - PCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
22nd Mar 2023 - Police verification has been initiated
05th Apr 2023 - PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
12th Apr 2023 - Friend of mine went to local police station and submitted Aadhar/passport copies since I have no family members in India at my address.
14th Apr 2023 - File has been sent to Commissioner's Office
26th Apr 2023 - PCC application is STILL under review at Indian Embassy/Consultate.
27th Apr 2023 - Police Verification Report is Clear. PCC is available for Issuance.
Did you receive your PCC? I am on same boat...