+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

vnkt_krish

May 30, 2020
hey raj, I’ve applied for a PCC from chennai police.
I’ve applied on 28th Sept
Received police verification and CAT email on 30th Sept
Police verification was done on 3rd October but no status change on passport seva and bls portal.

i had the status as police verification initiated on 30th but it changed application under review at indian consulate/embassy on sunday even before the police verification was done.

not sure what this means.
Hi All, Has anyone applied for PCC from Toronto and home city Chennai? Looking for latest processing timelines across Chennai stations.

Thanks!

Raj_Can

Dec 12, 2022
hey raj, I’ve applied for a PCC from chennai police.
I’ve applied on 28th Sept
Received police verification and CAT email on 30th Sept
Police verification was done on 3rd October but no status change on passport seva and bls portal.

i had the status as police verification initiated on 30th but it changed application under review at indian consulate/embassy on sunday even before the police verification was done.

not sure what this means.
I submitted application yesterday, still figuring out the statuses.

vnkt_krish

May 30, 2020
From what i see in this thread, after the police verification initiated status it should change to status clear sent for processing.

But in my case even before police verification happened it changed to application under review at consulate.

Raj_Can

Dec 12, 2022
From what i see in this thread, after the police verification initiated status it should change to status clear sent for processing.

But in my case even before police verification happened it changed to application under review at consulate.
Okay not sure. May be someone in this forum can help!!

Slyar

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Final update. I'm so glad this is finally over and I have the document in my hands.

Here's my timeline:

Mar 25 : Purolator pickup
Mar 26 : Delivered at BLS
Mar 30 : Status updated at BLS that its under process and fees received.
Mar 30 : Same day update that its been forwarded to Consulate
Mar 31 : Consulate receives the fees and application
Mar 31 : Processing at Consulate General

At Passport Portal

Mar 31 : PCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
Apr 5: PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
Apr 6: Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.
Apr 13 : Police verification done at home. A lot of follow ups since then with the local police, embassy and BLS.
May 12 : Police Verification Report is clear. PCC is available for issuance.
May 12 : Police Clearance Certificate has been printed.

BLS
May 13 : In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre
May 14 : Ready for Dispatch
May 14 : Dispatched via Courier
May 17 : Delivered at home

Wish everyone all the very best.
Hey my PCC is stuck too. Verification done at local police station and they said it’s done but I am not getting the clear report. What to do?

vimal234

Sep 7, 2023
For people who got the PCC and sent it over email back to them, how long did it take for the citizenship folks to update it in application?

sandeep6381

Mar 10, 2018
Same question. Very scant data on this in the forum. Were you able to find out some estimate?
In a similiar situation. I submitted my citizenship application without PCC. Was asked to submit PCC by IRCC. Will receive it in a couple of days as it is in transit. I did get an invite for test though.

vimal234

Sep 7, 2023
In a similiar situation. I submitted my citizenship application without PCC. Was asked to submit PCC by IRCC. Will receive it in a couple of days as it is in transit. I did get an invite for test though.
From some thread on this forum, I got 4.5 months for Ircc side update for pcc (after email was sent) but every application is different as you can imagine.

I pray that everyone's application races through the system.

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
Hello everyone! I applied for PCC in the first week of October and the local police verification was done on October 5th, 2023. But the status still shows "Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate...".

Is anyone in a similar situation?

Raj_Can

Dec 12, 2022
Hi All, My PCC status is "Police Verification Report is clear. PCC is available for issuance." for weeks now. Someone in here recommended to write an email to pcc.toronto@mea.gov.in, I received standard response the process will take 6-8 weeks. Has anyone faced this situation, how long it takes to receive the PCC from this status? Appreciate any help. Thanks