+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India Passport surrender in India

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
I recently received my Canadian citizenship and in process of getting my visa to India for an upcoming travel. Wanted to check if anybody has experience of getting India Passport surrender done in India?

If done,
1. What are the documents we need to carry - I assume you would need to go to the Regional Passport Office.
2. How long does it take to get the surrender certificate?
3. If we get the surrender certificate in India, do we need to apply for exit permit even though we traveled with Indian evisa?

Can someone clarify?

gotPrUnderCEC

Star Member
Sep 18, 2021
I recently received my Canadian citizenship and in process of getting my visa to India for an upcoming travel. Wanted to check if anybody has experience of getting India Passport surrender done in India?

If done,
1. What are the documents we need to carry - I assume you would need to go to the Regional Passport Office.
2. How long does it take to get the surrender certificate?
3. If we get the surrender certificate in India, do we need to apply for exit permit even though we traveled with Indian evisa?

Can someone clarify?
hey @forw.jane , I also have same queries, please help

gotPrUnderCEC

Star Member
Sep 18, 2021

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Is there a way to check if surrender certificate service is available at a specific RPO? I tried filling up a surrender application and then went to schedule appointment, but got the message that "this service is not availble, choose another RPO" - but no option to select a different RPO!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Is there a way to check if surrender certificate service is available at a specific RPO? I tried filling up a surrender application and then went to schedule appointment, but got the message that "this service is not availble, choose another RPO" - but no option to select a different RPO!
Based on previous experience shared on the forum, there does not seem to be appointment for SC. You need to go to RPO directly and get it done. Most cases you get the SC on the same day.

Reactions: mark56