+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India e visa before OCI & citizenship renunciation

ebs2cloud

Star Member
Nov 21, 2022
Hi All, One qq: What are my option to travel to India before I get OCI card? Can i get India e-visa or any other travel document before I get surrender or renunciation document?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All, One qq: What are my option to travel to India before I get OCI card? Can i get India e-visa or any other travel document before I get surrender or renunciation document?
I believe you can apply for eVisa without the need to Indian citizenship/cancel the Indian passport.
For OCI you have to surrender the Indian citizenship/cancel the Indian passport first and once you receive the surrender certificate you can apply for OCI

LeeMan2007

Aug 23, 2016
I submitted Tourist visa for my husband before OCI application saying renunciation certificate is WIP . I had submitted old passport before applying Tourist visa.
The whole process was fast within a month. Did it with BLS international postal application