+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India-Abu Dhabi-Toronto route- GATHER HERE

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
I travelled on the Mumbai - Abu Dhabhi - Toronto route on Nov 5th 2021. There was no problem. At Mumbai airport I paid for the RTPCR test (50 Dollars) I think and was handed a similiar print out as a boarding pass. After landing in Abu Dhabi, there was a 5 Hour 30 minutes layover. After de-planing, there is first the security check and then when you go down one level, its better to ask any airport authority, as I had some trouble finding the corner in which they were conducting the tests. I remember taking an elevator and going down 1 level after security check. The test is conducted after showing the paid slip and passport, and you get the result in 2-3 hours. At the boarding gate to Toronto, they ask you to show the test result and the ArriveCAN app completed page on your mobile. So keep the mobile charged and use the Abu Dhabhi free WIFI. At Toronto, there was a line that stretched out and it took more than 3 hours standing in line to get even get to the Officer, who justs asks initial question. From there I had to move to another line waiting for my permit to be handed to me. I got the permit (a nice looking 1 pager with the canada seal in case anyone is curious). I got tagged on my passport to take a Random PCR test at Pearson. So I had to undergo another round of RT PCR swabs. I then moved to Customs, mentioned that I have goods to follow, they didnt look at my bags or ask any questions, and I was out of the airport. I had to travel to Ottawa, so I took a connecting West Jet flight, also no trouble. This time no one asked about COVID report...I got my Pearson test result after 3-4 days. Mind you, their system takes only a Canada number, so it was a real pain as I did not have any Canada number. Instead I received my results on my mail ID.

Maybe things are not so good now because of OMICRON....

Reactions: mpreetsingh

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hello, my wife has received her PPR and the passport is in IRCC Delhi for stamping. I am planning to book with Etihad, BLR-AUH-YYZ on Dec 29.
We are allowed to travel with COPR and one time entry PR visa right on Etihad? Any inputs will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hanican

Feb 17, 2020
I am travelling on April 8 from Ind to Can with 2.5 hr layover time in Abudhabi.

I totally forgot about pcr test rules, i called Etihad on this number(866) 948-1081(select 1 for english and 1 again for pcr info and again 1 to speak with someone).
Two different calls and Two agents gave me same information that “2.5 hr transit time is enough and they dont want you to miss your flight, they will find a way to get the results for you.”
Also Etihad website says if your connecting flight is available to book online then that transit time is enough for pcr test.
https://www.etihad.com/en/travel-updates/all-destinations-travel-guides

Reactions: lithosh007

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
Has someone travelled this route to Toronto in late December - Jan? What was your experience?

The ticket I am trying to book has a 7 hour layover in Abu Dhabi. Will I need a transit visa for this duration?
Any updates on the transit rules will be greatly appreciated.

steyn007

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
I have booked flights from April 8th from winnipeg and return on May 6th from India with a layover of just 2.15 hours directly with Etihad. Agent i spoke to said that the Etihad knows the testing requirements to Canada and this 2:15 hours will be enough to get the results and just let the Etihad staff know about the PCR test at Abhudhabi, so that they will hold the flight.I don't know if this agent is blundering.Will contact another agent in 2 weeks for confirming.

Reactions: lithosh007
Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Has someone travelled this route to Toronto in late December - Jan? What was your experience?

The ticket I am trying to book has a 7 hour layover in Abu Dhabi. Will I need a transit visa for this duration?
Any updates on the transit rules will be greatly appreciated.
See my post above. I travelled in Nov on a MUM-ABU-TOR route, there was no problem, my layover was 5 hours. You get the result in 2-3 hours. For layover of 2 to 2.5 hours, one needs to mail or call Etihad custome support to ask this question. If this anything over 3 hours, it shouldnt be any problem as both legs of the flight are operated by Etihad.

lithosh007

Jan 30, 2022
I have booked flights from April 8th from winnipeg and return on May 6th from India with a layover of just 2.15 hours directly with Etihad. Agent i spoke to said that the Etihad knows the testing requirements to Canada and this 2:15 hours will be enough to get the results and just let the Etihad staff know about the PCR test at Abhudhabi, so that they will hold the flight.I don't know if this agent is blundering.Will contact another agent in 2 weeks for confirming.
My situation is similar with only 2:15 hrs layover in abudhabi…I will try to make a call to ethihad to enquire about it but please do share if you got any further info from your call attempts

lithosh007

Jan 30, 2022
Seems like rules are relaxed and
We neither require testing from third country nor a test only from one testing center in Delhi