+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India-Abu Dhabi-Toronto route- GATHER HERE

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
I traveled and given india , if you exit the airport and starting your journey again then probably UAE. For me my RTPCR took from airport so India
Just wanted to check how long was ur transit in Abudabi? How long to get back the results of RTPCR test done at Abudabhi airport ? Is a layover of 5 and half hour enough. Trying to book tickets but wanted to be sure based on anyone who has travelled. Thanks

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
Just wanted to check how long was ur transit in Abudabi? How long to get back the results of RTPCR test done at Abudabhi airport ? Is a layover of 5 and half hour enough. Trying to book tickets but wanted to be sure based on anyone who has travelled. Thanks
5 hours is enough boss. Mine was also 5:30 hours. I contacted them before leaving to Canada to make sure the transit time they said minimum four hours needed for doing RTPCR.
In reality what happened for us was we reached Abu Dhabi around 5:45 am local time. When we reached the testing area it was between 6:15 - 6:30 am and there was a long queue waiting for us. And finally test was done around 7:45-8 am. Our flight from Abu Dhabi to Toronto was scheduled @10:50 am but result didn’t came on time for many passengers and they delayed flight for more one hour and finally started at 12:05 pm.
what they said was- they won’t start the flight until they give the result of all passengers who did the test.

Reactions: Justmeee

Jenish Vaghasiya

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Surat
5 hours is enough boss. Mine was also 5:30 hours. I contacted them before leaving to Canada to make sure the transit time they said minimum four hours needed for doing RTPCR.
In reality what happened for us was we reached Abu Dhabi around 5:45 am local time. When we reached the testing area it was between 6:15 - 6:30 am and there was a long queue waiting for us. And finally test was done around 7:45-8 am. Our flight from Abu Dhabi to Toronto was scheduled @10:50 am but result didn’t came on time for many passengers and they delayed flight for more one hour and finally started at 12:05 pm.
what they said was- they won’t start the flight until they give the result of all passengers who did the test.
how much was the ticket cost? seems like Ethiad is charging way higher fees for transiting through Abu Dhabi to Canada

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
I booked on August 25th for the October 11th ticket and it cost me just 44k. I don’t know how much they are charging now.

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
Thank you so much for your detailed reply !!

Reactions: Karee

Karee

Aug 13, 2021
Some agent mentioned that I might not get the results for the RTPCR at the Abu Dhabi airport within a layover of almost 5 hours. However, I would like to reconfirm whether 4 hrs 55 mins is enough for an rtpcr at Abu dhabi.
The route would be Mumbai-Abu Dhabi-Toronto.

Is this layover time enough for things to go smoothly?

Karee

Aug 13, 2021
I'm planning to travel to Toronto from Mumbai via Abu-Dhabi on the 17th of December.
Is there anyone travelling on the same date and same route?

winlife

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
Some agent mentioned that I might not get the results for the RTPCR at the Abu Dhabi airport within a layover of almost 5 hours. However, I would like to reconfirm whether 4 hrs 55 mins is enough for an rtpcr at Abu dhabi.
The route would be Mumbai-Abu Dhabi-Toronto.

Is this layover time enough for things to go smoothly?
That agent is lying to make you buy his ticket. In every single flight, Etihad makes sure that everybody gets their test results. They wont start flight even if one person's result is delayed. And results take only 2 hours anyway. Book directly from Etihad website, dont involve agents.

MohammedShaat

Aug 7, 2019
I've booked with Etihad Airways. My flight is on 9 December, with about a 7-hour layover at Abu Dhabi airport. My travel is from Amman, Jordan, and I'll do the PCR test at the airport in Amman 3-5 hours before my flight to UAE. Do I have to take another PCR when I arrive in Abu Dhabi?

farooq.ind

Nov 9, 2021
I am travelling to Toronto from Ahmedabad via Abu Dhabi with Etihad. Layover is 5 hrs 20 mns. Is this time enough for getting molecular test results and board the flight? Thanks in advance amazing helpful people.

aji2020

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
That agent is lying to make you buy his ticket. In every single flight, Etihad makes sure that everybody gets their test results. They wont start flight even if one person's result is delayed. And results take only 2 hours anyway. Book directly from Etihad website, dont involve agents.
@winlife Not questioning your response, however may I ask if its from your personal experience or from some of your friends / family who recently travelled this route? Thank you for your response.

farooq.ind

Nov 9, 2021
I have booked Etihad from Ahmedabad to Toronto via Abu Dhabi for Dec 1st 2021. 5 hr 20 mns is layover. Will be getting pcr test done at Abu Dhabi.