+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Independent contractor - Canadian Work Experience

pedro65

Feb 15, 2019
Hi arash0a,

Did you get your PR? I am in the same situation whereby I worked for 4 months as an independent contractor, but very much like an employee relationship. Did your application work?

Thank you so much!
Hey, did you apply for PR under CEC? Were you approved? I`m in the same boat working as as Administrative Assistant for 2 Realtors.

pedro65

Feb 15, 2019
Well. I have been looking for this answer for a very long time and still unsure.

I have completed 1560 in NOC B in 2 years.
I work between 10 to 30 hours in a week.
No T4. I have all pay stubs and invoices.
As per the definition in CIC given by the previous poster I fall mostly in employee category. So I am going to file as an employee. And I will not check the self-employed checkbox.
Hey did you apply for PR under CEC? Were you approved? I`m in the same boat working as as Administrative Assistant for 2 Realtors.

pedro65

Feb 15, 2019
Hi Friends,

I have worked 14 months on a full-time basis for a Canadian construction company located in Toronto as a business analyst and project coordinator. As I found we do not get point for self-employed work experience in Canada. I have been on a contract as an independent contractor with this company(according to our contract) but my roles and responsibilities and my relationship with them was a kind of employer-employee relationship. I would appreciate letting me know if my work experience counts for FSW or CEC?

I can provide letter of reference from my employer, contracts, invoices, and Notice of Reassessment as supporting documents for my work experience.
Hey did you happen to apply using your "independent contractor" experience? If so, what was the outcome? Were you approved?
Thank you,

pedro65

Feb 15, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I have been working as a Independent Contractor (NOC A) for 5 months(June- Oct 2016) I don't have pay stubs from my employer but I have a contractor agreement for the term. I have worked for 30 hrs/ week. Now I am working full time in another company(2 months until now and ongoing). Will I be eligible to show my contractor experience along with the ongoing experience after 5 months as 1 year of full time experience for EE ? Or should I wait until I gain complete 1 year without the contractor period of work? Thank you in advance !
Hey did you happen to apply using your "independent contractor" experience? If so, what was the outcome? Were you approved?
Thank you,

pedro65

Feb 15, 2019
Well. I have been looking for this answer for a very long time and still unsure.

I have completed 1560 in NOC B in 2 years.
I work between 10 to 30 hours in a week.
No T4. I have all pay stubs and invoices.
As per the definition in CIC given by the previous poster I fall mostly in employee category. So I am going to file as an employee. And I will not check the self-employed checkbox.
Hey did you apply using your "independent contractor" experience? If so, what was the outcome? Were you approved?
Thank you,