+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incredibly convoluted PGWP application issue

abbyok96

May 10, 2019
So, I'm in the process of applying for a post-graduation work permit. I initially ran into an issue many others were having with the IMM5710e form- the application download link went to page saying my pdf reader was out of date when it wasn't. This is a common enough issue that the government website has an answer for it here. I followed those instructions and successfully download the application and filled it out.

My next problem was with the section about work experience. My work experience from the last ten years slightly exceeds the space provided on the application, as I worked a few different jobs back in America as a teenager. Another question the government website answers- here. Except that answer does not help, because I am submitting the application digitally. Other topics on this forum refer to similar issues, but they all say to use an online PDF splitter/merger. I used this for consolidating the scans of my passport, so I thought it would work.
However, when I attempted to put the IMM5710e application form in any of these websites, it only uploads as the aforementioned error page that says my PDF reader is out of date, even though I can open the very same file and view it correctly. Just those websites cannot process it properly, which I'm assuming has to do with the security attached to it- the validation, barcodes, etc. I tried to do a blank version of the form, before validation, but it still showed the same.

I've looked up every possible question about this, and have yet to get an answer that helps. I've tried calling the client support for immigration, but I only get a busy signal, which is only more frustrating. I don't want to do something wrong and get rejected, as I need to start working ASAP.

Any help would be so, so appreciated. I'm very stressed and upset, I've been trying to figure this out for weeks.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The additional pages that you must add will typically be uploaded into the "client information" slot instead of the slot for the IMM5710e form, along with a cover letter of explanation. If there is no slot labeled "client information," there should be some sort of upload slot you can select for letters of explanation/etc.

abbyok96

May 10, 2019
The additional pages that you must add will typically be uploaded into the "client information" slot instead of the slot for the IMM5710e form, along with a cover letter of explanation. If there is no slot labeled "client information," there should be some sort of upload slot you can select for letters of explanation/etc.
Is that the "client information" upload area under optional documents? What should I put there, since I can't extract from the application PDF? Can I just write "continued from page X" and finish my employment history in a word doc or something?