+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Increasing CSR points with Masters degree

SaraShung

Sep 12, 2020
Hello Members,

I would appreciate your help in considering my options to improve my CSR points. I am 25 years old with 1 year of recorded work experience and want to do a master's program in my own country. I calculated my CSR based on high Ilets points and a master's program; I get a 471 scores.
I want to know your opinion on whether I should go ahead with the masters. Also, any alternative paths you can suggest that would increase my CSR score.
My NOC code is 1111 financial Auditors and Accountants.
Thanking you for your help and support.

Jan 10, 2019
Masters degree would definitely give you extra points.. I think you should get admission asap as it will take 2 years to complete masters. and what is your IELTS score?

SaraShung

Sep 12, 2020
I aiming to get CBL 10 in ILETS to get a CSR score of 471. Also, may I ask if it is possible to record your work experience if you are working in a family business.
Thank you for your advice.

TAZ-24

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
I aiming to get CBL 10 in ILETS to get a CSR score of 471. Also, may I ask if it is possible to record your work experience if you are working in a family business.
Thank you for your advice.
No, Since the work experience has to be full time. Its best to take the study visa route given your profile. No one knows how much CRS will be enough after 2 years from now.

SaraShung

Sep 12, 2020
Hi TAZ-24,

Yes, I am working there full time and performing the relevant duties. Still it cannot be counted towards my work-experience? The Study route is taking very long this year so i'm thinking to not pursue it immediately. Thanks for your input.

TAZ-24

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hi TAZ-24,

Yes, I am working there full time and performing the relevant duties. Still it cannot be counted towards my work-experience? The Study route is taking very long this year so i'm thinking to not pursue it immediately. Thanks for your input.
I understand that you are doing full time job. But it will be hard to prove that you did full time job along with your Masters. So you can either go for work experience or do Masters.

SaraShung

Sep 12, 2020
Hi TAZ-24 ,

Correct. That is why I am choosing an Online MBA - Distance learning program from University of London. This allows me to dedicate 3 hours of study daily , while continue to increase my work-experience.Does that make sense, please? Thanks

TAZ-24

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hi TAZ-24 ,

Correct. That is why I am choosing an Online MBA - Distance learning program from University of London. This allows me to dedicate 3 hours of study daily , while continue to increase my work-experience.Does that make sense, please? Thanks
TBH I am not too sure if the Visa officer will be convinced by that. But you can go ahead with that, Focus on completing MBA first then later think about managing your profile.

Reactions: SaraShung