+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Increased risk of skin cancer

Jan 11, 2019
Hi guys,

I have applied for Canadian PR. I would like to know if we have any skin condition that has increased risk of skin cancer in future may be after 10 years, will the Canadian health authorities reject my PR application kn that grounds.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi guys,

I have applied for Canadian PR. I would like to know if we have any skin condition that has increased risk of skin cancer in future may be after 10 years, will the Canadian health authorities reject my PR application kn that grounds.
It's unlikely.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

Really depends more about the cost of treating your current skin condition. Also what you mean about increased risk. If it is something like 90% risk than that is much different than 5 %.

Just looked at your post. Do you have HPV? Most warts are either resolved by your immune system or can be treated with liquid nitrogen. Almost sounds like you are describing a disease like NF but those aren’t warts.

Jan 11, 2019
Basically I have HPV a variety called EV. It's not treatable. Had tried medicines. So the doctor had suggested me that you should take care of your self from UV rays protection by using sunscreen. He has also said that in such a condition the risk of skin cancer is slightly higher at a later age as this condition is a rare scenerio, if not taken care. So I do take care of myself. But then now I am worried if my application will be rejected.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Basically I have HPV a variety called EV. It's not treatable. Had tried medicines. So the doctor had suggested me that you should take care of your self from UV rays protection by using sunscreen. He has also said that in such a condition the risk of skin cancer is slightly higher at a later age as this condition is a rare scenerio, if not taken care. So I do take care of myself. But then now I am worried if my application will be rejected.
It's not going to affect it. We are talking "possibilities" and IRCC works on known facts.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your risk is still relatively low especially at a young age. Also the skin cancer you are prone to can be usually removed in a clinic without further treatment if spotted very early. Wouldn't worry.

Jan 11, 2019
Your risk is still relatively low especially at a young age. Also the skin cancer you are prone to can be usually removed in a clinic without further treatment if spotted very early. Wouldn't worry.
Thanks for the response. Hoping to have all the documentation smoothly.

Jan 11, 2019
My skin problem is epidermodysplasia verruciformiss it's a rare skin condition which is prone to cancer at a later stage. I have already accepted my ITA 2 days back. Will this skin condition be a problem for medical clearance ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My skin problem is epidermodysplasia verruciformiss it's a rare skin condition which is prone to cancer at a later stage. I have already accepted my ITA 2 days back. Will this skin condition be a problem for medical clearance ?
Will really have more to do about the severity of your condition, whether you need ongoing treatment to try to remove growths and whether the growths prevent you from working. It is such a rare condition that it will really depend on an individual analysis and analysis of the likelihood of cancer and the cost of monitoring and dealing with the growths.

I have seen documentaries on a more severe form of the condition.

Jan 11, 2019
Will really have more to do about the severity of your condition, whether you need ongoing treatment to try to remove growths and whether the growths prevent you from working. It is such a rare condition that it will really depend on an individual analysis and analysis of the likelihood of cancer and the cost of monitoring and dealing with the growths.

I have seen documentaries on a more severe form of the condition.
So, there is a possibility that they may ask for further examination if I am not wrong.