+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Increased CRS if I select myself as Single applicant

adihrra

Apr 4, 2015
Hi ,

I get 396 point if I select myself as Married
And 410 points if I select myself as Single which means I can easily get ITA in one week for Ontario.

But I need to know if I submit EE profile as single applicant , how can I take my spouse along with me .

Can I take spouse on tourist visa and apply PR after going there?
Will Govt reject this because I declaring myself as Single first?
If the above process works how much time it takes to get PR after I sponsor.

Please let me know.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
You can NOT put single unless you are single. If you do that, and they found out later, your PR status can be cancelled and you might get 5 years ban from canada for misrepresentation.
What you can do instead, and will still give you full points, is declare your wife as non accompanying spouse. And then once you get your PR you can sponsor her after settling and getting work as employment is a requirement to sponsor your spouse into canada.
Good luck

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
The answer is no you can't. And CIC can cancel your application and accuse you for misrepresentation

You can have your wife take English/French exam to get spousal points for you

Xtreme Innovations

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hi ,

And 410 points if I select myself as Single which means I can easily get ITA in one week for Ontario.

But I need to know if I submit EE profile as single applicant , how can I take my spouse along with me .

Please let me know.

Hello,
The others have answered correctly that you cannot say single when married. You would have to say married and choose non accompanying. Once you get PR you can sponsor your spouse. But you must bear in mind that if you are going through PNP , it is a very long process, approximately 4 or more months just to get the nomination before going through the express entry process of applying for PR . You would also have to show proof of funds, medical and police certificates for your spouse even if your spouse won't be travelling with you. The current trend shows PNP pprs take longer time than other streams. That said, is there anything your spouse can do to improve the scores? PNP till you get PR may take you close to a year, so if there is something your spouse can do within this period it would be great. In that case you can always improve your scores and apply together with your spouse.

Arod

May 15, 2017
Not only you can´t, but sponsoring your spouse might take about a year I think. That means at least one year without being able to bring your spouse.

I´m not sure about you, but my fiancée would probably kick me in the butt If I tell her to wait for one year while I´m in Canada.:D:eek::oops:

That´s why I´m waiting to apply as married, even though I estimate my CRS score would probably be lower this way.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
Hi ,

Please let me know.
You will get 410 by selecting married and select no for accompanying spouse. BUT you need a VALID reason why your spouse is not accompanying you for now. if you get PR by this, you can apply PR for your wife under spousal sponsorship later.

I would't recommend this because clearly you don't have a valid reason and you are doing this to get more points.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As others have expressed, it is not advisable to do what you propose. Sponsoring your spouse will easily add another year to your immigration. The easiest way to improve your score is by improving your language scores. 396 is not terrible and it's possible the cutoff could drop below that soon.