+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Increase in Sponsor Assessment Outland times?

bjaned

Feb 6, 2015
Hey guys, I sent off my Common-law sponsorship application at the end of December (woohoo!) so that I can move to Quebec with my Canadian partner. Going through all of the medical and police checks was really time consuming (and expensive!!), and I completed most of them in mid-November. I know that there is an expiry date on the police (3 months) and medical (12 months) checks, and whilst at first I thought we would be ok, I now see that assessment of sponsor times have sky rocketed from 44 days to 89 days! Any idea why this is happening all of a sudden?? By the time my file gets moved on to the Paris office, my police checks will have expired! Any suggestions?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The processing time goes up and down regularly due to application volumes. Not too long ago it was close to four months. This fluctuation is normal and expected.

Your police checks are fine. They just have to be recieved by the Mississauga office before the three month mark. It doesn't matter when they hit the Paris office.

bjaned

Feb 6, 2015
Thanks! I have another really stupid question about a mistake I made, which I only realised when going through this forum today. I started applying for this thing in early November, I downloaded all the documents and started filling them out. We sent off our application on Dec 19th to Canada. I realise now that I filled in the IMM008 form from before the November change (so I specified the visa office). what do I do? Do I resend the form? Will my application be rejected? Will it be delayed? Who can i contact? I am absolutely gutted :(

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
bjaned said:
Thanks! I have another really stupid question about a mistake I made, which I only realised when going through this forum today. I started applying for this thing in early November, I downloaded all the documents and started filling them out. We sent off our application on Dec 19th to Canada. I realise now that I filled in the IMM008 form from before the November change (so I specified the visa office). what do I do? Do I resend the form? Will my application be rejected? Will it be delayed? Who can i contact? I am absolutely gutted :(
They will want the new updated form, but there is no way for them to match it up with your application at the moment, as if you haven't received sponsor approval, it is sitting in a pile in Mississauga waiting to be opened and assessed. When they do open it, then ey will probably contact you (through email or regular mail) asking for the updated form. If they do this then they will hold your place in the queue and when they receive the updated paper (which they will be able to now add to your existing application since hey have opened it and reviewed it). There are some people that aren't so lucky and have their entire applications returned to them for not being complete... Hopefully that is not your case! More often they hold the place in queue for sponsor approval and just asked for e specific form they need updated.

bjaned

Feb 6, 2015
Thanks tink23, I really hope they don't send the whole thing back to us! My partner has been wanting to move back home for the last year, I would hate to delay it even more for such a stupid mistake :(

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
bjaned said:
Thanks tink23, I really hope they don't send the whole thing back to us! My partner has been wanting to move back home for the last year, I would hate to delay it even more for such a stupid mistake :(
It seems to happen quite a bit! They update some forms so often. Some people even had their application received in Mississauga a couple days before the form was updated, and since it took so long to open the application to assess, they too were asked for the updated form! So don't feel stupid. It will be ok. Hopefully you hear from them very soon requesting the updated form!