+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect place of birth on COPR: please advise!

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Dear Members,

The place of birth (i.e city) is incorrect on my COPR - the country of birth is still correct (isn''t this the more important one anyway). All other details are also correct.

Just the place of birth is incorrect - they put the passport issue city (in India) instead of my birth city (a different city in India). These two fields are one after the other in Indian passports.

Do I still need to send back the COPR and passports with a letter of explanation? Please advise! Has anyone landed OK with minor errors like this? I would hate to re-send the passports and COPR and endure the wait again.

Thank you!

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Its says here:

Your COPR will have information about who you are, as well as your photograph. Please check to make sure it is all correct. It should be the same as the information on your passport. If there is a mistake on your COPR, contact us through your account.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/next_steps.asp

But wait to hear from people who went through the same thing

The Mancunian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016
Passport Req..
30-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
destiny2016 said:
Dear Members,

The place of birth (i.e city) is incorrect on my COPR - the country of birth is still correct (isn''t this the more important one anyway). All other details are also correct.

Just the place of birth is incorrect - they put the passport issue city (in India) instead of my birth city (a different city in India). These two fields are one after the other in Indian passports.

Do I still need to send back the COPR and passports with a letter of explanation? Please advise! Has anyone landed OK with minor errors like this? I would hate to re-send the passports and COPR and endure the wait again.

Thank you!
Hi,

Did you contact the High commission for the above error ? What did they say ?

Thanks

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hi Guys,
I too got an incorrect place of birth on my COPR.
I contacted cic support they asked me to fill a seperate application form and send it to cic office ottawa.
Now am not sure till when i will recieve back updates.
What did you guys do?
I should have gone for landing i shouldn't have call them.
Please suggest guys

gaiou37

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
I too got an incorrect place of birth on my COPR.
I contacted cic support they asked me to fill a seperate application form and send it to cic office ottawa.
Now am not sure till when i will recieve back updates.
What did you guys do?
I should have gone for landing i shouldn't have call them.
Please suggest guys
What happened, did you still land fine? This just happened to me and I'm planning to land tomorrow, I think I will be fine as long as I mention it to the officer....

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Yeah dont worry landing went fine for me... when officer ask to verify your copr details mention abt the place of birthe mismatch.

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
dont worry. In my case, I filled my place of birth as the CITY. They changed it to the STATE by themselves according to the GCMS notes. If it is not very wrong, you should be fine...Idk why but assume such is the case.

But what happened to my friend is that the country of birth was wrong..They selected the next entry next to the correct country in the picklist..In that case, you should ask them to correct it.

Ak0070

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Yeah dont worry landing went fine for me... when officer ask to verify your copr details mention abt the place of birthe mismatch.
Hi avani, what did they suggest you ??when u mentioned , cuz in my case I got just extra A in spelling of place of birth .

ambitious91

Jul 18, 2017
What happened, did you still land fine? This just happened to me and I'm planning to land tomorrow, I think I will be fine as long as I mention it to the officer....

Hey just curious how did you Mention this to Officer? Do you know the procedure for that?

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Hi need help,, just noticed in my COPR they put place of birth(city) wrong,, i have flight in 2 days,,,
What to do? Any 1 same situation plz help

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi need help,, just noticed in my COPR they put place of birth(city) wrong,, i have flight in 2 days,,,
What to do? Any 1 same situation plz help
Go ahead with your flight; just make sure that you inform the officer during the landing formalities, it’ll be corrected.

skatenger

Jan 25, 2021
dont worry. In my case, I filled my place of birth as the CITY. They changed it to the STATE by themselves according to the GCMS notes. If it is not very wrong, you should be fine...Idk why but assume such is the case.

But what happened to my friend is that the country of birth was wrong..They selected the next entry next to the correct country in the picklist..In that case, you should ask them to correct it.
Good day. Please I'm curious. How did your friend handle the wrong country of Birth?