+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect IELTS "Date of Examination" provided in Express Entry Profile (ITA Received)

hpayila

Dec 14, 2018
Hi Folks,

I got my ITA on October 30, 2018. And I have already filled out all the details on the Permanent Resident Application and I am ready with all the documents to be submitted before the 60 days deadline which falls on December 29, 2018.

But I found out that when I was creating my Express Entry Entry profile, I gave incorrect IELTS Examination Date. I have appeared for my first IELTS Exam on June 30, 2018 but the score was not satisfactory and I had re-attempted the exam for second time on September 29, 2018.
So, I have received good satisfactory score in my second Examination and I updated the Express Entry Profile with new scores. But I forgot to update the "Date of Examination" field and still it is same as the 1st Exam date (i.e., June 30, 2018)

So now I am worried if this will have any impact on my ITA processing. I have already written a "Letter of Explanation" regarding this Date error and I am going to attach it with the rest of the documents.

So I need some suggestions if I can proceed with this ITA or Decline this and re-apply with new profile ?

Please help guys, I am nearing the deadline of 60 days for my ITA !!

hpayila

Dec 14, 2018
As you got ITA after the test result date, you can update the examination and result date on application form. No explanation needed but make sure you upload the ielts report card with your education document.
Thank you for the response.

Jul 17, 2019
HI, I'm in same situation like yours but entered wrong test result date (forgot to update previous test results date)
I received ITA today. should I accept or decline ?
what happen with your application? Did they ask you anything after submitting LOE ?

hpayila

Dec 14, 2018
HI, I'm in same situation like yours but entered wrong test result date (forgot to update previous test results date)
what happen with your application? Did they ask you anything after submitting LOE ?
Hi,
Go ahead and accept the ITA and make sure you enter correct details when filling the PR Application Form and upload the correct IELTS report along with your Education documents.
For an additional supporting document, you can write an LOE. They will not ask anything if you submit everything properly after getting ITA.

Good Luck !!

Zeelove

Jan 9, 2020
Hi,
Go ahead and accept the ITA and make sure you enter correct details when filling the PR Application Form and upload the correct IELTS report along with your Education documents.
For an additional supporting document, you can write an LOE. They will not ask anything if you submit everything properly after getting ITA.

Good Luck !!
Hi I have the same problem. My ielts result came out on the 25th November and I updated it on the profile. The next day I got ITA. Hard copy got delivered and the date was different, it stated 3rd December. It has the same TFR number . I don’t know if to accept or decline. Please help, I don’t know what to do.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi I have the same problem. My ielts result came out on the 25th November and I updated it on the profile. The next day I got ITA. Hard copy got delivered and the date was different, it stated 3rd December. It has the same TFR number . I don’t know if to accept or decline. Please help, I don’t know what to do.
You should decline as you got an ITA using incorrect information.

Zeelove

Jan 9, 2020
It is not an incorrect information. The exam date is the same , result is the same , The form number is also the same. The hard copy was printed late and sent late. Maybe I will decline. I’m still confused

Ankur18895

Jan 21, 2021
Hi Folks,

I got my ITA on October 30, 2018. And I have already filled out all the details on the Permanent Resident Application and I am ready with all the documents to be submitted before the 60 days deadline which falls on December 29, 2018.

But I found out that when I was creating my Express Entry Entry profile, I gave incorrect IELTS Examination Date. I have appeared for my first IELTS Exam on June 30, 2018 but the score was not satisfactory and I had re-attempted the exam for second time on September 29, 2018.
So, I have received good satisfactory score in my second Examination and I updated the Express Entry Profile with new scores. But I forgot to update the "Date of Examination" field and still it is same as the 1st Exam date (i.e., June 30, 2018)

So now I am worried if this will have any impact on my ITA processing. I have already written a "Letter of Explanation" regarding this Date error and I am going to attach it with the rest of the documents.

So I need some suggestions if I can proceed with this ITA or Decline this and re-apply with new profile ?

Please help guys, I am nearing the deadline of 60 days for my ITA !!
Hi,

Even I am in same situation as your.
Can you help me please.
Should I simply update the 2nd test examination date and go ahead or attach a Letter of explanation?

Did they asked you anything or what did you do in your case?

Thank you!

Ankur18895

Jan 21, 2021
Hi,

Even I am in same situation as your.
Can you help me please.
Should I simply update the 2nd test examination date and go ahead or attach a Letter of explanation?

Thank you!

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
It is not an incorrect information. The exam date is the same , result is the same , The form number is also the same. The hard copy was printed late and sent late. Maybe I will decline. I’m still confused
Do not decline the ITA. A simple and clear explanation in your letter of explanation would suffice. All the best.

Reactions: Oindrila