+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect date of birth

Morphious19

Oct 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

We have just submitted our initial application for Express Entry (FSW) and are now in the pool with my husband as the main applicant.

The problem I am facing is that my DOB on the passport and the birth certificate do not match. A few years back I went to my embassy in the country I live in to renew my passport and the guys there entered a year of birth that is 5 years later than the actual one and I was advised that the process to change it is long and that I should let it be. I was stupid enough to let it be and this has not caused any problems for me till now.

If and when we get our ITA, what should I do? Will an affidavit be enough without getting rejected? Which date should I say is right?

I read in many places including the official website that the birth certificate is required only for our kids while a friend of mine said that they asked for her and her husband to submit theres. Is this a case by case thing?

I considered applying for a new passport to make the correction but we have already submitted the initial application and also this might cause a problem for me if I want to apply for tourism visas in other countries which I have done before using the wrong DOB. So, I do not prefer to issue a new passport.

Can anyone help me with some advice?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Unfortunately, you now have a significant problem all for want of saving a bit of time to fix the original issue.

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi everyone,

We have just submitted our initial application for Express Entry (FSW) and are now in the pool with my husband as the main applicant.

The problem I am facing is that my DOB on the passport and the birth certificate do not match. A few years back I went to my embassy in the country I live in to renew my passport and the guys there entered a year of birth that is 5 years later than the actual one and I was advised that the process to change it is long and that I should let it be. I was stupid enough to let it be and this has not caused any problems for me till now.

If and when we get our ITA, what should I do? Will an affidavit be enough without getting rejected? Which date should I say is right?

I read in many places including the official website that the birth certificate is required only for our kids while a friend of mine said that they asked for her and her husband to submit theres. Is this a case by case thing?

I considered applying for a new passport to make the correction but we have already submitted the initial application and also this might cause a problem for me if I want to apply for tourism visas in other countries which I have done before using the wrong DOB. So, I do not prefer to issue a new passport.

Can anyone help me with some advice?
how did you handle your issue?

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
how did you handle your issue?
You should just go with your passport, though your age will be an issue for it should match the age referred from the passport, not the certificate. They normally don't ask for birth certificates.

Sep 7, 2023
My passport in which the Canada Work Permit has been stamped is having wrong DOB whereas I have corrected all other documents as per the birth certificate. Can someone suggests whether will there be any problem while applying for PR?