+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorporation After getting open work permit

Sowmya

Jun 27, 2016
Hi,

My spouse works in Canada on a Work Permit and I have got my spousal open work permit till the date of my spouse's validity.

When I started to search for opportunities they say that an incorporation is necessary if the recruiter is going to hire me on contract.

Could you please shed some light on incorporation and how do I get incorpoated?

Thanks in advance.

paras1991

Jun 26, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RCMP -23 Sep, submitted-23 Sep 2015
AOR Received.
20-8-2015
Med's Done....
29 Aug-Passed
Passport Req..
07 jan 2016
LANDED..........
30 jan 2016
where you located?

paras1991

Jun 26, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-8-2015
Med's Done....
29 Aug-Passed
Passport Req..
07 jan 2016
LANDED..........
30 jan 2016
In order to incorporate in ON, one of the director of the corporation need to be "Resident Canadian". “Resident Canadian” means a natural person who is:

a Canadian citizen ordinarily resident in Canada,
a Canadian citizen not ordinarily resident in Canada who is a member of a prescribed class of persons, or
a permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration Act (Canada) and ordinarily resident in Canada.

What you can do is work as a sole proprietor, Thats what I advise to my clients. This way you can work as a subcontractor.. and while filing your tax return, report that income on T2125...Keep in mind about the HSt too.

paras1991

Jun 26, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-8-2015
Med's Done....
29 Aug-Passed
Passport Req..
07 jan 2016
LANDED..........
30 jan 2016
Forming a corporation is not mandatory...However it can be beneficial to form a corporation depending on the situation,,,In your case , you alone cannot open a corporation in ON as you are on work permit, However you can work as a sole proprietor

pam777

Sep 4, 2017
Hi

So to work as a sole proprietor how to open an incorporation? Please guide. I am trying to open an incorporation online through corporation Canada website, but it's asking at least one of the director must be resident of Canada which I am not, I am on open work permit.

Goodwinthegr8

Star Member
Jul 10, 2016
Hi

So to work as a sole proprietor how to open an incorporation? Please guide. I am trying to open an incorporation online through corporation Canada website, but it's asking at least one of the director must be resident of Canada which I am not, I am on open work permit.
Hi...

were you able to solver this situation? I am also in the same situation, so it will be really great if you could help me here.

Thanks

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hi,

My spouse works in Canada on a Work Permit and I have got my spousal open work permit till the date of my spouse's validity.

When I started to search for opportunities they say that an incorporation is necessary if the recruiter is going to hire me on contract.

Could you please shed some light on incorporation and how do I get incorpoated?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Sowmya, I am on the same boat as you were. Can we do incorporation on an open work permit? Please help!

Goodwinthegr8

Star Member
Jul 10, 2016
In order to incorporate in ON, one of the director of the corporation need to be "Resident Canadian". “Resident Canadian” means a natural person who is:

a Canadian citizen ordinarily resident in Canada,
a Canadian citizen not ordinarily resident in Canada who is a member of a prescribed class of persons, or
a permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration Act (Canada) and ordinarily resident in Canada.

What you can do is work as a sole proprietor, Thats what I advise to my clients. This way you can work as a subcontractor.. and while filing your tax return, report that income on T2125...Keep in mind about the HSt too.
Hi, if I work as sole proprietor while on Open Work Permit, can you pls tell what document I need to show if I have to apply for my spouse's open work permit?