+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorporated a company that never did any business. Work or personal history?

thatRossMBA

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I am in the process of submitting my documents post-ITA (got my ITA on March 1st) and have a question on how to handle a work/personal situation.

I have about 8 years of work ex in the US (until April 2016) that I have documentation for and have claimed points for in my CRS. Outside of that, I incorporated a company in USA last year (Feb 2016) but never did anything with the company ever. (The startup idea fizzed away as we dug more into it). I moved back to India in April 2016 and started a company in Dec 2016. Again, this Indian company has not done any business as of today..

Now since I do not need any points for these companies, I am inclined to leave them out of my application. But my consultant says that is misrepresentation. How should I handle this. I do not want these two entities to jeopardize the application in any way.

Thanks for the help.

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One option is - in Work History only mention about jobs until April 2016. In Personal History do mention about the new companies. Then write an Letter of Explanation stating that as you have not claimed nay CRS points for your work after April 2016, you have not mentioned about that in Work History but have mentioned same in Personal History. this WILL NOT be misrepresentation.

Many folks do this especially when they cannot get supporting documents about some past job.

thatRossMBA

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ayam93 said:
One option is - in Work History only mention about jobs until April 2016. In Personal History do mention about the new companies. Then write an Letter of Explanation stating that as you have not claimed nay CRS points for your work after April 2016, you have not mentioned about that in Work History but have mentioned same in Personal History. this WILL NOT be misrepresentation.

Many folks do this especially when they cannot get supporting documents about some past job.
Thanks. So then work history would say "unemployed" for the duration April 2016 to now.. And personal history would have a mention of these companies.. Is there anyone here who has had a similar situation?

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did same thing for spouse as i was not claiming any CRS points for spouse's work experience. We kept the Work History of Spouse blank but mentioned everything in Personal History and explained the reason in LOE.

Just wait for sometime, i am sure many folks who did this for Primary Applicant would reply.

thatRossMBA

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ayam93 said:
I did same thing for spouse as i was not claiming any CRS points for spouse's work experience. We kept the Work History of Spouse blank but mentioned everything in Personal History and explained the reason in LOE.

Just wait for sometime, i am sure many folks who did this for Primary Applicant would reply.
Thanks for the help buddy (+1)

thatRossMBA

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any other primary applicant in the same boat? Would appreciate if folks can share their experience.