+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inconsistent NOC duty comments in GCMS Notes?

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
popoxee said:
Action Taken:

1. Raised a CSE and submitted a new Letter of Reference of Employment
2. Sent an email to ontarioimmigration for extending PNP

No response as of yet. Let's see how it goes.

I am planning to raise another CSE in a month if no response
good luck! keep us posted :)

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application just got refused.

Reason:

After a careful review of your supporting documents, I am not satisfied that you meet the minimum
requirements under Canadian Experience Class as per regulations R87.1 (2). You have indicated that you
were employed as a ***, from June 2014 to the time of application. The
supporting documents you submitted provide insufficient evidence to demonstrate the required amount
experience or duties performed under the selected NOC code – 2171. You have indicated that you were
employed as ***, from June 2104 to April 2015. The supporting documents
you submitted provide insufficient evidence to demonstrate the required amount of experience performed
under the selected NOC code – 2174. You have also indicated employment in various intern/co-op/trainee
positions, which are not eligible.

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
popoxee said:

Reason:

After a careful review of your supporting documents, I am not satisfied that you meet the minimum
requirements under Canadian Experience Class as per regulations R87.1 (2). You have indicated that you
supporting documents you submitted provide insufficient evidence to demonstrate the required amount
experience or duties performed under the selected NOC code – 2171. You have indicated that you were
you submitted provide insufficient evidence to demonstrate the required amount of experience performed
under the selected NOC code – 2174. You have also indicated employment in various intern/co-op/trainee
Sad to hear about this, May be you should have selected the NOC based on your duties, not on your job title. :(

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crazydesifool said:
Sad to hear about this, May be you should have selected the NOC based on your duties, not on your job title. :(
It is actually correct NOC code. It is based on the current job duties...

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
popoxee said:

Reason:

hi,

Sorry about your rejection, is it because u dint support enough docs to support your work exp or your duties were insufficient with regard to NOC was not very clear to me.

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
popoxee said:

Reason:

Do they mean that you have "insufficient work experience" ? You didnt fulfill the required amount of time or just mismatching NOC code only? Did they count your work experience till your OINP AOR or till ITA??

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianrrk said:
hi,

Sorry about your rejection, is it because u dint support enough docs to support your work exp or your duties were insufficient with regard to NOC was not very clear to me.
shdhsjej said:

Do they mean that you have "insufficient work experience" ? You didnt fulfill the required amount of time or just mismatching NOC code only? Did they count your work experience till your OINP AOR or till ITA??
It is not very clear to me either. Yes my work period satisfied the minimum requirement.

In my GCMS note, my work experience has been marked as ineligible. My assumption is he thinks my duties do not match NOC code, and he just "voided" my work experience, and that made me ineligible under EE

Shipper

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa/SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
popoxee said:
It is not very clear to me either. Yes my work period satisfied the minimum requirement.

In my GCMS note, my work experience has been marked as ineligible. My assumption is he thinks my duties do not match NOC code, and he just "voided" my work experience, and that made me ineligible under EE
May we know what other documents you submitted along with the reference letters as proof of your work experiences?

No Man Left Behind

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
So sorry about your rejection buddy, completely sympathize with you. Based on the information from your GCMS notes and refusal letter one can conclude the following:

You worked in:
1) 2171 from 4 April 2014 - present; 1 year and 8 months (AOR 18 December 2015). The reference letter originally provided contained NO duties (since you received provincial nomination, the letter you provided to OINP must have listed the duties). You submitted a new reference letter with duties via CSE.

2) 2173 from 17 June 2014 - 8 April 2015; 9 months; as per GCMS, duties listed in the reference letter are consistent with NOC. The GCMS notes indicate that this experience meets the minimum requirements of 12 months of work experience, which is obviously a mistake since it only lasted 9 months. They corrected this in refusal letter stating you failed to demonstrate the required amount of experience.

Now, you have two experiences which completely overlap. I understand this, in reality, is the same job, but you decided to change the NOC because your job title altered after company acquisition. As you now already know, this was a mistake because job designations are completely irrelevant, only duties matter. Not to mention you inevitably created an utter confusion with supporting documents claiming two experiences at the same time.

Several questions arise from this. You obviously based your CEC eligibility on 2171 rather then 2173 since the latter would not qualify you (9 months only). Which NOC did you match your new (CSE) reference letter with? If you went with 2173, I would say this was not taken into consideration because you no longer met the program requirements (1 year in 2171). If you went with 2171, have you received an email any time after CSE stating that additional documents have been attached to your application?

Reactions: shaizeik

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shipper said:
May we know what other documents you submitted along with the reference letters as proof of your work experiences?
I have T4, paystubs, etc. But I think in my case those are not the issue...

No Man Left Behind said:
So sorry about your rejection buddy, completely sympathize with you. Based on the information from your GCMS notes and refusal letter one can conclude the following:

You worked in:
1) 2171 from 4 April 2014 - present; 1 year and 8 months (AOR 18 December 2015). The reference letter originally provided contained NO duties (since you received provincial nomination, the letter you provided to OINP must have listed the duties). You submitted a new reference letter with duties via CSE.

2) 2173 from 17 June 2014 - 8 April 2015; 9 months; as per GCMS, duties listed in the reference letter are consistent with NOC. The GCMS notes indicate that this experience meets the minimum requirements of 12 months of work experience, which is obviously a mistake since it only lasted 9 months. They corrected this in refusal letter stating you failed to demonstrate the required amount of experience.

Now, you have two experiences which completely overlap. I understand this, in reality, is the same job, but you decided to change the NOC because your job title altered after company acquisition. As you now already know, this was a mistake because job designations are completely irrelevant, only duties matter. Not to mention you inevitably created an utter confusion with supporting documents claiming two experiences at the same time.

Several questions arise from this. You obviously based your CIC eligibility on 2171 rather then 2173 since the latter would not qualify you (9 months only). Which NOC did you match your new (CSE) reference letter with? If you went with 2173, I would say this was not taken into consideration because you no longer met the program requirements (1 year in 2171). If you went with 2171, have you received an email any time after CSE stating that additional documents have been attached to your application?
Wow dude you are so knowledgeable in this. I am impressed.

I think the officer made a mistake in the refusal letter. He got the wrong date. The job with 2171 actually started on June 9 2015 which was right after the old job ended (because of my company's acquisition), which was clearly stated in my reference letter... Not sure where he got that date from.

When we calculate the minimum requirement, does it have to be the same NOC code for the jobs? I went with 2171 in my CSE (which is not more than 1 year after ITA). But no I did not get an email saying additional documents attached - This is my concern too. I don't think the CSE submitted was processed.

Should I contact them for reopening the case? Or what do you think?

No Man Left Behind

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
Sorry, I confused CEC with FSW eligibility. For CEC you only need 1 year of experience in the last 3 years and it does NOT have to be continuous or in same NOC. So in either case you would still qualify.

The officer states they are not satisfied that you meet the minimum requirements under CEC. They mention "insufficient evidence to demonstrate the required amount of experience or duties" for 2171 and "insufficient evidence to demonstrate the required amount of experience" for 2173.

Based on the wording I would say that, with great probability, your new experience letter was not attached to your application. So having failed to fully support your 2171 experience automatically rendered your 2173 experience insufficient for CEC eligibility.

Not sure if there is any point in raising another CSE to reopen your application when your previous CSE was neglected. You have nothing to lose if you try. Not really sure what advice to give you but to open another EE profile and seek new nomination. If only your 2173 experience lasted 3 more months, your application would have been approved regardless of missing duties for 2171.

Reactions: shaizeik

No Man Left Behind

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
But now that you have 2 full years of Canadian work experience your CRS must have risen. Check here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp if your new points are competitive against current ITA cut-off trends. Perhaps you no longer need a nomination.

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No Man Left Behind said:
Sorry, I confused CEC with FSW eligibility. For CEC you only need 1 year of experience in the last 3 years and it does NOT have to be continuous or in same NOC. So in either case you would still qualify.

The officer states they are not satisfied that you meet the minimum requirements under CEC. They mention "insufficient evidence to demonstrate the required amount of experience or duties" for 2171 and "insufficient evidence to demonstrate the required amount of experience" for 2173.

Based on the wording I would say that, with great probability, your new experience letter was not attached to your application. So having failed to fully support your 2171 experience automatically rendered your 2173 experience insufficient for CEC eligibility.

Not sure if there is any point in raising another CSE to reopen your application when your previous CSE was neglected. You have nothing to lose if you try. Not really sure what advice to give you but to open another EE profile and seek new nomination. If only your 2173 experience lasted 3 more months, your application would have been approved regardless of missing duties for 2171.
No Man Left Behind said:
But now that you have 2 full years of Canadian work experience your CRS must have risen. Check here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp if your new points are competitive against current ITA cut-off trends. Perhaps you no longer need a nomination.
Adding extra 25 points to my score does not really bring me up to near the cutoff line...

Anyone knows how to reopen a rejected case? Just CSE or? Previous CSE was neglected because I guess it was not processed yet (I heard it could take more than one month?) when it was rejected

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Hey popoxee,

Very very sorry to hear about your rejection.

I agree with "No Man Left Behind"'s speculation that "your new experience letter was not attached to your application." So you may raise raising another CSE with a police letter of explanation and request to reopen your application. As "No Man Left Behind" said, you have nothing to lose if you try. Meanwhile, you can re-create an EE profile again and try to seek a PNP or ask your employer to support you LMIA. You may also consider re-taking IELTS test to increase the CRS score.

Best luck with your case!

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ImmiToCanada said:
Hey popoxee,

Very very sorry to hear about your rejection.

I agree with "No Man Left Behind"'s speculation that "your new experience letter was not attached to your application." So you may raise raising another CSE with a police letter of explanation and request to reopen your application. As "No Man Left Behind" said, you have nothing to lose if you try. Meanwhile, you can re-create an EE profile again and try to seek a PNP or ask your employer to support you LMIA. You may also consider re-taking IELTS test to increase the CRS score.

Best luck with your case!
Is it ok to create a new EE profile, while submitting a CSE for the old one? Would that be an issue?