+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inconsistency, but not inaccuracy, in kids' eCOPR. Should I ask for correction?

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
I just noticed an inconsistency in my kids' eCOPR. It's technically not wrong info, but it's also not the one that should be there.

My kids and I have two citizenships (France & Serbia). We are legally in Canada with our French passports.

On my eCOPR, for citizenship, it says France, and then the number of my French passport is listed, and the country of issuance is France (all correct). Whereas for my kids, the citizenship is Serbia, but the number of their French passports is listed, and the country of issuance is France.

They are, indeed, citizens of Serbia, but that's not the primary citizenship listed in our application, nor do they travel with their Serbian passports. Also, it doesn't match the listed passport or the country of issuance!

Maybe @legalfalcon could help with a piece of wise advice? Should I ask for a correction?

Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I just noticed an inconsistency in my kids' eCOPR. It's technically not wrong info, but it's also not the one that should be there.

My kids and I have two citizenships (France & Serbia). We are legally in Canada with our French passports.

On my eCOPR, for citizenship, it says France, and then the number of my French passport is listed, and the country of issuance is France (all correct). Whereas for my kids, the citizenship is Serbia, but the number of their French passports is listed, and the country of issuance is France.

They are, indeed, citizens of Serbia, but that's not the primary citizenship listed in our application, nor do they travel with their Serbian passports. Also, it doesn't match the listed passport or the country of issuance!

Maybe @legalfalcon could help with a piece of wise advice? Should I ask for a correction?

Thanks!
It is not a concern as such. However, all official documents should be as accurate as possible.

You can request for amending the documents. To get the PR documents amended, you will have to follow the following:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

Reactions: mstefan

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
It is not a concern as such. However, all official documents should be as accurate as possible.

You can request for amending the documents. To get the PR documents amended, you will have to follow the following:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html
Thank you! I'll make an amendment request for them :)