+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inconsistency between COPR email and online status

GMoney

Jul 14, 2016
Hi All -

I applied via Express Entry in March (after having received ITA a month before). Since then I have had only one change in my application status on the CIC website. Currently the status shows as:

Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

However, today I received an email from IRCC saying the following:

Dear XYZ,
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately...

It goes on to detail out the documents I need to send to the Ottawa CPC. My main question is whether this is normal - that you get an email to send your passport without any changes to the status of your application on the CIC website? Wouldn't my background check at least need to be complete before I am asked to send my passport for copr?

Thanks in advance for your help.

3n4y

Mar 3, 2017
Con
Hi All -

I applied via Express Entry in March (after having received ITA a month before). Since then I have had only one change in my application status on the CIC website. Currently the status shows as:

Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

However, today I received an email from IRCC saying the following:

Dear XYZ,
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately...

It goes on to detail out the documents I need to send to the Ottawa CPC. My main question is whether this is normal - that you get an email to send your passport without any changes to the status of your application on the CIC website? Wouldn't my background check at least need to be complete before I am asked to send my passport for copr?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Congrats! Everything is normal, This is the PPR stage, There has been several changes to your application. You only get notified when medicals is passed. Thats why to you, it seems there has been only one change.

This is how your status will remain until your passport is received and stamped. Then it will change to approved.

All the best.