+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incomplete proof of foreign experience

newsonic

Jul 31, 2022
Hello guys,

I was in a very small company, there was only one supervisor. For the proof of foreign experience, I gave him a complete reference letter to sign.

Later, he edited it without consent, and gave me in hand a reference letter with missing duties, salary, and hours of works. He is not intending to edit it.

What should I do to prevent rejection from IRCC?

Last edited:

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello guys,

I was in a very small company, there was only one supervisor. For the proof of foreign experience, I gave him a complete reference letter to sign.

Later, he edited it without consent, and gave me in hand a reference letter with missing duties, salary, and hours of works. He is not intending to edit it.

What should I do to prevent rejection from IRCC?
Convince the supervisor. Let the supervisor know that a letter without crucial details like salary and hours of work is not regarded as a refrence letter anywhere. Tell the supervisor to return to Uni if issuing these kinds of docs.

newsonic

Jul 31, 2022
Convince the supervisor. Let the supervisor know that a letter without crucial details like salary and hours of work is not regarded as a refrence letter anywhere. Tell the supervisor to return to Uni if issuing these kinds of docs.
He just unfortunately doesn’t want to for some reason

newsonic

Jul 31, 2022
For salary: I was paid in cash only, I can provide bank statements only regarding that but it will not show regular deposits

For duties: no idea just screenshots of technical chats, slack invitation, technical emails, that’s it.

for hours: I can’t prove it.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
For salary: I was paid in cash only, I can provide bank statements only regarding that but it will not show regular deposits

For duties: no idea just screenshots of technical chats, slack invitation, technical emails, that’s it.

for hours: I can’t prove it.
For cash salary it usually advised to get this written on company letterhead but since he is not ready to do the proper refrence letter how do we expect that. Have you tries talking to the employer? Print the formats and get it signed from the employer without even keeping him in loop.

Lasip

Jun 7, 2020
Does the employer knows that you need this for immigration to Canada purpose only?
He must not pay his taxes properly by the look of it... Send him the link to the IRCC info on reference letter.

zac0999

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Beijing & New Jersey
For uncooperated line manager, it would be wise not to go against his/her will, since you never know what he/she might say to IRCC in case of an employment check.
Get whatever he gives you, and attach whatever you can find to support your employment with a LoE clarifing the situation. Things like a letter from a co-worker(better be in higher ranking than you), a letter from your HR, an offer letter/contract to your job, and work related emails can be supportive as well.
For my own exp, I had one ref letter from HR, one ref letter from a co-worker for two work histroies, and I truthfully explained why line managers weren't able to issue me a ref letter. Everything turns out fine.

newsonic

Jul 31, 2022
Thanks for your reply. Would like to provide some points:

- I have not signed an offer letter nor resignation. (Yes I worked just like that) but I have a slack invitation to the company, might help.

- I sent him a complete ref letter to sign, he told me the ref letter would be edited (before he actually edited it), I have a slack message screenshot that proves I sent him that letter. Would they believe me?

- for missing hours, I can provide a document that we used to submit working hours.

- for missing salary: I will give bank statements of not regular deposited cash I don’t know if that would work.

-The main issue is duties: I can make a coworker sign a made ref letter but it would be without a letterhead. I am not sure if he has a proof he works in that company.

newsonic

Jul 31, 2022
I just saw this letter in a forum in this website:

"The employment letter you submitted for XXX does not include a description of duties. The description of duties submitted for xxx is an affidavit from a person who was your coworker during that period. This description of duties is not acceptable since it does not come from one of your supervisors or from the company’s HR department. I am unable to assess which duties you performed while working at XXX. As a result, your employment with xxx was not taken into account.

This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest
ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry
Comprehensive Ranking System.

As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under
an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of
Act."

I guess I am screwed now.