+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incomplete or Rejected?

tearice

Dec 25, 2018
I got an ITA and is now working on uploading supporting docs. My ex-employer has a company policy to only provide minimum information (start/end date, title, salary) so there will be no confirmation of job duties. However, I managed to find an email from my ex-supervisor with job description when I interviewed for the position. I am going to attach that and the job offer (which shows the person emailing me was my supervisor).

I still have minimal contact with my ex-supervisor on linkedin but he no longer works at the company, so he cannot put anything on letter with company head.

Obviously it is now up to the immigration officer to decide if my application will be accepted. My question is, if my application is declined, will it be incomplete (with processing fee refund), or rejected (without refunds). Thanks!

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
I got an ITA and is now working on uploading supporting docs. My ex-employer has a company policy to only provide minimum information (start/end date, title, salary) so there will be no confirmation of job duties. However, I managed to find an email from my ex-supervisor with job description when I interviewed for the position. I am going to attach that and the job offer (which shows the person emailing me was my supervisor).

I still have minimal contact with my ex-supervisor on linkedin but he no longer works at the company, so he cannot put anything on letter with company head.

Obviously it is now up to the immigration officer to decide if my application will be accepted. My question is, if my application is declined, will it be incomplete (with processing fee refund), or rejected (without refunds). Thanks!
The letter from your ex-supervisor does not need to be on a letterhead, so it doesn't matter if he has switched jobs since.
By all means, attach the job offer email but ensure that the lead statement of your NOC matches perfectly and at least 60-75% of the main duties listed under the NOC match your job offer letter. This needs attention because sometimes technical terms in the offer letter may need to be 'tweaked' or simplified to align with the main duties in the NOC (Remember, the reviewing Agent/ Officer may not be aware of technical terms associated with specific NOC's).
When you submit separate documents to fulfill IRCC requirements (full time employment, hours worked, salary, roles and responsibilities etc...), make sure your cover letter ties these together. Your cover letter can also explain your company policy to not issue reference letters with duties performed or include copies of emails where they have refused to provide the reference letter in the format required by IRCC.

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
As far as fee , the application fee is however you won't get back once the application is submitted. If by any chance your application gets rejected you will get the RPRF fee which you have to pay in mid term while your process is going on or its near to complete.

I paid both fees and my application got rejected at last stage , so. application fee is gone ,but RPRF got refunded . ( refund still under process, but got acknowledgment in refusal letter saying RPRF will be refunded)

Last edited: