+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incomplete citizenship application form

Marooo86

Jul 26, 2019
Hi
I have a situation now with my citizenship application. I applied for citizenship in May 2019 and left Canada right after and had my friend’s address as my mailing address. Now IRCC sent me the package again because the online presence calculation form isn’t completed, signed and dated.
Now I have two questions :
1- Do I have to be physically present inside Canada to sign the missing paper knowing that I was already in Canada at the time I originally submitted the main application ?
2- If the answer is no I don’t have to be there then my second question is : Can someone else ( my friend in my case who is inside Canada ) mail the package after I complete it or it has to be myself who mails the papers to CIC ?

hansiefer

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
There is nothing that mentions you have to be in the country to submit the package. Surely your friend can send it.

However, you would have to put in your current external address in your application.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi
I have a situation now with my citizenship application. I applied for citizenship in May 2019 and left Canada right after and had my friend’s address as my mailing address. Now IRCC sent me the package again because the online presence calculation form isn’t completed, signed and dated.
Now I have two questions :
1- Do I have to be physically present inside Canada to sign the missing paper knowing that I was already in Canada at the time I originally submitted the main application ?
2- If the answer is no I don’t have to be there then my second question is : Can someone else ( my friend in my case who is inside Canada ) mail the package after I complete it or it has to be myself who mails the papers to CIC ?
If your residency calculation was not completed, you will need to redo it using the current date, especially if it's more than 90 days old by the time IRCC receive it.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

If you meet the physical presence requirement, print the calculation and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship under subsection 5(1). If you attach a copy, you do not need to complete the How to Calculate Physical Presence form (CIT 0407). Make sure that the date of application used in this calculation and the date of signature on the application form and on the calculation printout are the same. The date you sign your application cannot be in the future, and it cannot be more than 90 days before IRCC receives it.