+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Income while I'm in study visa canada

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
Dear friends could you pls tell me how much would be possible income while I am student visa

I planning to go to Toronto for two years course my father can give me for 1.5 years course fees rest I have to arrange by my shelf + my living cost.

Some one says 20 hr working I can earn 300 per week tho I am not sure it is true or not

If any one have idea could you pls tell about it and what kind of available

Thanks

aamro1992

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-March-2017
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-June-2017
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2017
Minimum wage is 10.95..a lot of jobs are available so yeah good luck

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
HA HA HA @aamaro 10.95 is precision at its best ......As for part time income you can get around 8-12 $ per hour

aykhan34

May 6, 2013
i know a lot of fellas in toronto they are working 40hours even without a workpermit in canada on Cash basis

but in that case you have to be ready for hard labour if you need to earn good money

e.g a friend of mine is having a diploma on Construction, and he is working in a construction company fo 40 hours, 20 on permit and 20 illegaly,
on $21

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Please don't encourage anyone for cash job.
Employer exploits the worker.
Part-time job of 20 hrs per week will bag you $800-$900 per month.

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
Actually if you can earn around 900$ and keep your budget within limit you can even save around 50 bucks.........but I would strongly recommend not to spend a lot of time in part time (more than 14 hours a week) and concentrate on academics since work load in Canada is quite heavy and you cant keep up with your work load if you spend too much of time doing part time jobs......Once your grade degrades , you ll lose your professors s respect and favor triggering a chain reaction till the end of last sem and remember a good name in your professors book will come quite handy while looking for job and creating useful connections

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
Thanks everyone for ur reply

I got admission hospilatity managemt in Toronto

Can any one tell me if I want to work as cook/chef / line cook
Is this kind of job available

Because previously I was in Malaysia and I did 16month course of hospitality and honestly I don't have much work experience but I worked around 3.5 months & I have some idea about kitchen.

Finally kindly ans cook or chef or resturant or hotel job is available in Toronto / Canada

Pls thanks

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
Thanks everyone for ur reply

I got admission hospilatity managemt in Toronto

Can any one tell me if I want to work as cook/chef / line cook
Is this kind of job available

Because previously I was in Malaysia and I did 16month course of hospitality and honestly I don't have much work experience but I worked around 3.5 months & I have some idea about kitchen.

Tho I haven't got much interest about this field but some one told me from this forum as I did some study this field before so it would be helpful to get visa

Finally kindly ans cook or chef or resturant or hotel job is available in Toronto / Canada

Pls reply
thanks

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
They wont hire you as a cook on basis of part time...............But you can work in restaurant as waiters.. :-X

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamid khan said:
Dear friends could you pls tell me how much would be possible income while I am student visa

I planning to go to Toronto for two years course my father can give me for 1.5 years course fees rest I have to arrange by my shelf + my living cost.
I regret to say that but you will not get student visa if you cannot show enough funding for a whole period of studing (2 years tuition + living cost for 2 years).

BDTIGER

Apr 29, 2013
FAO:Regina

I believe he just need to show 1 year tuition fees plus 1 year living cost not for the entire duration of the course :)

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BDTIGER said:
FAO:Regina

I believe he just need to show 1 year tuition fees plus 1 year living cost not for the entire duration of the course :)
If he can prove that after the first year he will have money for further studing from a relaible sourse.