+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Income taxes

braelme

Jul 10, 2018
Hello,
I arrived to Canda on December 28, 2017 and I'm still living in Canada. I didn't do my income tax till now but I applied for Canada child benefit and GST. Today I received a letter saying that the CRA can't calculate my CCB because they don't know my income for the previous year. I didn't know that I have to do the income taxes. What should I do now?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello,
I arrived to Canda on December 28, 2017 and I'm still living in Canada. I didn't do my income tax till now but I applied for Canada child benefit and GST. Today I received a letter saying that the CRA can't calculate my CCB because they don't know my income for the previous year. I didn't know that I have to do the income taxes. What should I do now?
File your taxes and CRA will calculate CCB automatically. Since you just arrived in Decemeber 2017, you will state the date of entry into Canada on first tax return and any income if you have any. After that CRA will determine if you are eligible for GST/HST credits and CCB.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
You didn't have to file income taxes in 2017. The amount of benefit you receive will be based on your foreign income. That is what you will need to show them.