+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INCLUDING STEP CHILDREN

PIPS

Oct 18, 2019
Hi Everyone , I wanted to get some help on the Additional Family Information Form. I am the principal applicant. My canadian wife is sponsering me.

When I fill out the additional family information form, do I have to put her son(therefore my stepson) in the children section of the form who is over 18 and born in canada.

Reason I ask is because he is estranged from her and she has no idea where he is ,so we dont have his address or email address.

Thank you for your help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone , I wanted to get some help on the Additional Family Information Form. I am the principal applicant. My canadian wife is sponsering me.

When I fill out the additional family information form, do I have to put her son(therefore my stepson) in the children section of the form who is over 18 and born in canada.

Reason I ask is because he is estranged from her and she has no idea where he is ,so we dont have his address or email address.

Thank you for your help
No - you don't.

PIPS

Oct 18, 2019
No - you don't.
Thanks, I also have another question .Possibly a stupid question. When I put my name and they ask for my spouse in the next line, I have to list my wife(the sponser) there even though shes canadian and shes the sponser right? Im getting slightly confused when it comes to who to list

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks, I also have another question .Possibly a stupid question. When I put my name and they ask for my spouse in the next line, I have to list my wife(the sponser) there even though shes canadian and shes the sponser right? Im getting slightly confused when it comes to who to list
On the additional family information form imm5406 - yes.

Reactions: YVR123
Mar 17, 2021
No - you don't.
Hi, could you kindly explain why he doesn't have to put his wife's 18+ estranged son on the form?
The instruction clearly says "include ALL sons and daughters, including ALL adopted and step-children, regardless of age or place of residence".
Even though they're estranged the son is still legally the main applicant's step son right?

I'm in a similar situation and therefore would appreciate figuring this out. Thanks

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi, could you kindly explain why he doesn't have to put his wife's 18+ estranged son on the form?
The instruction clearly says "include ALL sons and daughters, including ALL adopted and step-children, regardless of age or place of residence".
Even though they're estranged the son is still legally the main applicant's step son right?

I'm in a similar situation and therefore would appreciate figuring this out. Thanks
I have 2 step daughters, they are Canadians and I did put them on the imm5406 because that's what the form an guide says. My application has been approved.