+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Including a job offer in the application package

kazemsd

Sep 9, 2011
Hi All,

I am going to apply for my citizenship soon and recently got a job offer.
At the top of the offer letter, it is written "confidential".
Can I include the job offer in my application package?

I already called CIC and the agent said that it is OK, but she seemed to be not sure.
I think I do not understand why they put "confidential" on the offer letter.
Does it mean even CIC cannot look at it?

I really appreciate the help.

parlvu

Mar 7, 2014
It's confidential to you. You decide if you want to disclose it.

Everything you submit to cic is private and confidential

You tax returns, letter of employment, drivers license etc.

Just do it.

kazemsd

Sep 9, 2011
Thank you for your answer.
You are right about tax returns.

Regarding the job offer, I thought it is confidential to me and my company and there might be rules or situations in which I am not allowed to disclose the offer letter.
CIC is a governmental agency and might be able to look at all those documents, but i just want to be 100% sure.

I also got a letter of employment from the company and "confidentiality" is NOT mentioned, but it is mentioned on the offer letter. So, that is why I wanted to check with you guys.
Thanks again.
If others have similar experience, it would be great to share.

parlvu said:
It's confidential to you. You decide if you want to disclose it.

Everything you submit to cic is private and confidential

You tax returns, letter of employment, drivers license etc.

Just do it.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Get a separate Letter from HR instead once you come on board and they can see Mr. X or Ms. X is employed by...we confirm..blah..blah ! Simple.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An offer letter does not tell me that you are working for that Company... Yes, you may include it though if you wish.

kazemsd

Sep 9, 2011
Thank you us2yow and sept15 for your replies.

I also got a letter of employment from the company, but would like to include my offer letter as well.
I think I am just confused why they put "confidential" on the offer letter and not on the "letter of employment" and whether this makes any difference to me disclosing them to CIC.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kazemsd said:

I also got a letter of employment from the company, but would like to include my offer letter as well.
I think I am just confused why they put "confidential" on the offer letter and not on the "letter of employment" and whether this makes any difference to me disclosing them to CIC.

simply because its 'personal' and it has your 'income' and it only pertains to you - so that other employee of your Company do not open your envelope...

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kazemsd said:

I think I am just confused...
I'm confused too my friend. WHY YOU WANNA INCLUDE A JOB OFFER IN YOUR PACKAGE?
A job offer means you WILL be working for such company any time soon while at the CIC they need the work history UP to the day you apply they don't ask you about your future job. So, either you are working for that company, then you need to include an employment letter, or you are not working for them YET, then you need to forget about it and focus on the LAST 4 YEARS PRIOR TO YOUR APPLICATION DATE

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Goldline said:
I'm confused too my friend. WHY YOU WANNA INCLUDE A JOB OFFER IN YOUR PACKAGE?
A job offer means you WILL be working for such company any time soon while at the CIC they need the work history UP to the day you apply they don't ask you about your future job. So, either you are working for that company, then you need to include an employment letter, or you are not working for them YET, then you need to forget about it and focus on the LAST 4 YEARS PRIOR TO YOUR APPLICATION DATE
The only reason that you would include a job offer letter in your application , is if you asked for urgent processing and the job offer stated that you had to be a Canadian citizen for the job.