+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inadmissibility

Amaebi

Feb 2, 2018
Anyone who has successfully overcome this? Removed from the UK in 2006 due to overstayed visa and working with false documents. Any hope for PR with this history?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Anyone who has successfully overcome this? Removed from the UK in 2006 due to overstayed visa and working with false documents. Any hope for PR with this history?
PR is certainly possible, assuming that you fully declare your immigration history and don't set yourself up for a misrepresentation ban.
A Temporary Resident Visa will however be much more difficult to obtain. It's probably not really worth applying for a TRV, as the overstay is bad but the false documents is probably terminal.

Reactions: tobs

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Were you charged with a crime during the process? That's what really matter to determine criminal inadmissibility. I doubt your case would go as far as that...
My advice would be to get a PCC before applying, see what they have on you, if anything...
If there's nothing, UK PCC will either show "No Live Trace", which means they have something on your name but no convictions, or it will show "No Trace", which means they have nothing at all.
Get your PCC.

Reactions: tobs

Amaebi

Feb 2, 2018
PR is certainly possible, assuming that you fully declare your immigration history and don't set yourself up for a misrepresentation ban.
A Temporary Resident Visa will however be much more difficult to obtain. It's probably not really worth applying for a TRV, as the overstay is bad but the false documents is probably terminal.
In other words, I can proceed with PR application? Thanks.

Amaebi

Feb 2, 2018
So, what is written on the PCC
Were you charged with a crime during the process? That's what really matter to determine criminal inadmissibility. I doubt your case would go as far as that...
My advice would be to get a PCC before applying, see what they have on you, if anything...
If there's nothing, UK PCC will either show "No Live Trace", which means they have something on your name but no convictions, or it will show "No Trace", which means they have nothing at all.
Get your PCC.

So, what I have on the PCC will determine my next line of action. However, the removal must be mentioned .I will find out more from the person involved to get full details. Thank you.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
So, what is written on the PCC

So, what I have on the PCC will determine my next line of action. However, the removal must be mentioned .I will find out more from the person involved to get full details. Thank you.
Yes indeed.
If you have "No Live Trace", that means you were not convicted of a crime, or it has been "stepped-down" as they say, but there is a record of you. In that case, you can be sure that visa officer will want to know what they have on file about you, and will request documents like court documents, police reports, etc... In that case you'd know you should initiate the process of getting them from the get go. And then you apply for PR. Thay way you're sure to have documents on-time at the time of application
If you have "No Trace", in that case you're all clear from a criminality standpoint, and go ahead with PR. However, get the documents mentioned earlier no matter what, because of this next point below.
Yes, you WILL have to disclose this removal in your application when answering one of the statutory questions asking whether you were "refused entry to a country, or removed from a country in the past". You'll have the possibility to explain upfront, and can even add upfront LOE.
But as long as you were not convicted of a crime which would render you inadmissible, it's okay.

Amaebi

Feb 2, 2018
Yes indeed.
If you have "No Live Trace", that means you were not convicted of a crime, or it has been "stepped-down" as they say, but there is a record of you. In that case, you can be sure that visa officer will want to know what they have on file about you, and will request documents like court documents, police reports, etc... In that case you'd know you should initiate the process of getting them from the get go. And then you apply for PR. Thay way you're sure to have documents on-time at the time of application
If you have "No Trace", in that case you're all clear from a criminality standpoint, and go ahead with PR. However, get the documents mentioned earlier no matter what, because of this next point below.
Yes, you WILL have to disclose this removal in your application when answering one of the statutory questions asking whether you were "refused entry to a country, or removed from a country in the past". You'll have the possibility to explain upfront, and can even add upfront LOE.
But as long as you were not convicted of a crime which would render you inadmissible, it's okay.

Thank you. Very clear explanation and way forward for me .