+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inadmissibility as a result of Change in Marital Status

Tambari

May 2, 2019
Good day All,

I am based in Canada, I was able to request for PR using provincial nomination so in May 2018 I received my passport which requested I land within a certain period. However, I had bought my ticket with the intention to land upon my return from my trip also the trip was for my wedding. I went for my trip which wwas for 3 weeks. Upon my return I was given the required forms and all for landing procedures and when I requested that the marital status be updated they said I will have to go and do that from outside Canada as I do not have any document that can facilitate my entry. My work permit had expired so they booked a flight for me returning me to my destination. Upon my return sent a mail stating all that had transpired. After 3 weeks I got a message requesting I send my passport for cancellation of any visas on it and the following the following for my spouse and it should be received within 30days from the date of the receipt of the mai ;

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Please return the passport and the COPR to our office. The following documents are required for your spouse:

· Payment of the processing fee for your spouse

· Completion of the IMM008, Schedule A and Additional Family Information by your spouse: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prov-apply-application.asp

· Updated Additional Family Information sheet and the IMM008 by yourself

· Police clearance certificate(s) for your spouse

· Marriage certificate

· Spouse’s passport copy

· 2 photos according to the instructions

. Evidence of relationship which includes Trips or vacations, call logs, chats, funds transfer etc.

. Medicals if it has been done

All that was sent to the processing office in Sydney as at September 2018. The Passport was returned 3 weeks later. 8months after I am yet to get any response from them. I sent a mail and they said it is still being processed.

Please is there anyone with a similar issue and are there any chances of rejection.

Regards,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Good day All,

I am based in Canada, I was able to request for PR using provincial nomination so in May 2018 I received my passport which requested I land within a certain period. However, I had bought my ticket with the intention to land upon my return from my trip also the trip was for my wedding. I went for my trip which wwas for 3 weeks. Upon my return I was given the required forms and all for landing procedures and when I requested that the marital status be updated they said I will have to go and do that from outside Canada as I do not have any document that can facilitate my entry. My work permit had expired so they booked a flight for me returning me to my destination. Upon my return sent a mail stating all that had transpired. After 3 weeks I got a message requesting I send my passport for cancellation of any visas on it and the following the following for my spouse and it should be received within 30days from the date of the receipt of the mai ;

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Please return the passport and the COPR to our office. The following documents are required for your spouse:

· Payment of the processing fee for your spouse

· Completion of the IMM008, Schedule A and Additional Family Information by your spouse: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prov-apply-application.asp

· Updated Additional Family Information sheet and the IMM008 by yourself

· Police clearance certificate(s) for your spouse

· Marriage certificate

· Spouse’s passport copy

· 2 photos according to the instructions

. Evidence of relationship which includes Trips or vacations, call logs, chats, funds transfer etc.

. Medicals if it has been done

All that was sent to the processing office in Sydney as at September 2018. The Passport was returned 3 weeks later. 8months after I am yet to get any response from them. I sent a mail and they said it is still being processed.

Please is there anyone with a similar issue and are there any chances of rejection.

Regards,
As you informed them before landing, there should be no refusal.