+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inadmissable

EASTY63

Jan 14, 2018
i have convictions , D.U.I, fraud, assault and drug possesion from 9 years ago ,and wondering what to expect from CIC will they just show up one day and arrest me and deport me , ?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
i have convictions , D.U.I, fraud, assault and drug possesion from 9 years ago ,and wondering what to expect from CIC will they just show up one day and arrest me and deport me , ?
What is your status in Canada?

If you are a PR, then those crimes are enough to lose your PR status. IRCC would have to go through the formal process of stripping you of status and deporting you.

If you are a citizen and committed those crimes after you became a citizen, you cannot be deported for them.

If you are a visitor (worker, student, etc), CBSA inland enforcement could remove you at any time for being inadmissible.

EASTY63

Jan 14, 2018
What is your status in Canada?

If you are a PR, then those crimes are enough to lose your PR status. IRCC would have to go through the formal process of stripping you of status and deporting you.

If you are a citizen and committed those crimes after you became a citizen, you cannot be deported for them.

If you are a visitor (worker, student, etc), CBSA inland enforcement could remove you at any time for being inadmissible.
i am PR , so why havent they done anything , its been 9 yrs and in that time i have nt even got a parking ticket

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
i am PR , so why havent they done anything , its been 9 yrs and in that time i have nt even got a parking ticket
Presumably because, for whatever reason, it didn't come to their attention, or they didn't have the resources to follow up.

Immigration, Refugee and Protection Act gives IRCC the right to issue a Removal Order against you. Whether or not they will is up to them.

zeeshan35

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are a PR, then they should have asked for a police clearance report before giving you a PR.
Didnt that report mention convictions , D.U.I, fraud, assault and drug possession?