+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inadmissable for 5 years in Canada

kcham

Aug 22, 2019
I am currently in NZ, had an agency which helped me and my family get here. However, as I informed them of my previous refusal of entry in canada because of misrepresentation, which I defended but at the end, still got a 5 years ban. My agency only ticked on refusal of visa in my application to NZ, I just learned it now when I was renewing our visas, I copied the same pattern thinking since they are licensed immigration adviser then it might be right. Now, as I was doing my research, I got confused with the question ( deportation, refused entry) google definition is if you were in the border of the country, regardless if you have a visa or not and they didnt let you through - then thats refused entry. But looking at the forums here, I dont want dishonesty to be in the way. Now, I want to rectify the situation, do I need to attach the letter of refusal and explain that I just missed ticking the box? What do you suggest I do, I am praying that NZ will be considerate with my familys situation as we are reneing for our 3 year work visa and I dont want all our efforts to go in vain. Please help me. me and my kids have already applied, because of some needed docs my husband will only apply tomorrow. I feel the need to make a cover letter stating the error. Should I include the refusal letter in his application? Do i really put under reason of refused entry: misrepresentation or can I just put "did not meet requirement- non eligibility" Please help on how we can resolve this. Thank you

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You're asking about New Zealand rules? This is a Canadian immigration forum.. not many people here will be familiar with New Zealand's immigration rules.

In broad terms, if you have not been honest in your visa application you will generally have issues.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So just to clarify you or your agent whose actions you are still responsible for misrepresented the fact that you were refused entry into Canada due to misrepresentation and banned for 5 years. Being refused entry and banned for 5 years is obviously far more serious than just having a visa application refused which seems to read how your agent portrayed it to NZ immigration.

As post above this is not a NZ forum so no idea how NZ views misrepresentation but ultimately the immigration applicant is responsible for anything or any answer included with an application not the agent.

Probably time to consult an immigration lawyer in NZ before you make NZ immigration aware of any Canadian ban that you omitted to tell them about previously. As for immigration being considerate, as in any country there are rules and laws that should be obeyed so impossible to speculate.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am currently in NZ, had an agency which helped me and my family get here. However, as I informed them of my previous refusal of entry in canada because of misrepresentation, which I defended but at the end, still got a 5 years ban. My agency only ticked on refusal of visa in my application to NZ, I just learned it now when I was renewing our visas, I copied the same pattern thinking since they are licensed immigration adviser then it might be right. Now, as I was doing my research, I got confused with the question ( deportation, refused entry) google definition is if you were in the border of the country, regardless if you have a visa or not and they didnt let you through - then thats refused entry. But looking at the forums here, I dont want dishonesty to be in the way. Now, I want to rectify the situation, do I need to attach the letter of refusal and explain that I just missed ticking the box? What do you suggest I do, I am praying that NZ will be considerate with my familys situation as we are reneing for our 3 year work visa and I dont want all our efforts to go in vain. Please help me. me and my kids have already applied, because of some needed docs my husband will only apply tomorrow. I feel the need to make a cover letter stating the error. Should I include the refusal letter in his application? Do i really put under reason of refused entry: misrepresentation or can I just put "did not meet requirement- non eligibility" Please help on how we can resolve this. Thank you
You need to post your question to a NZ immigration forum.

kcham

Aug 22, 2019
Thank you for your reply. Rectifying the situation may mean the same way for all, regardless of country. Yes, will consult another immigration adviser about this. Thank you

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you for your reply. Rectifying the situation may mean the same way for all, regardless of country. Yes, will consult another immigration adviser about this. Thank you
Talk to a lawyer. Not an immigration advisor.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Don't make that assumption - it's incorrect. Each country has its own immigration rules and they are often very different. You need to post to a NZ immigration forum or consult with an immigration consultant / lawyer who specializes in NZ rules.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Talk to a NZ immigration lawyer not an agent given you have alraedy been let down it seems by an agent. Assuming you want to maybe stay in NZ longterm this is too important to trust an agent with your future

Reactions: visatest

kcham

Aug 22, 2019
Thank you everyone, I wasnt able to sleep last night because I am thibking of our future. Hope we can resolve everything by admitting early and come out clean. It was never an intent to mislead, i just did what the previous agency did which i thought was the right one