+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In very big problem Document tempered

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
I had my divorce certificate issued by the concerning authorities in my country with a wrong address typed on it. I asked the person who took my documents and submitted to the concerned authorities to get that changed. He unfortunately somehow wiped the printed address himself and put the address that I gave to him. I was under the impression that this is how it is changed and even in the system they have my actual address. I used the tempered document for my EAPR.

Today by chance I went to the concerned authorities and asked them if thr is any other supporting document that u would like to give me that they may aware of which Canadian immigration may ask later. They said no and told me that this one is enough to prove divorce. However, I asked him how does my certificate looks in their system and they showed me the one with wrong address and asked me from where I got it changed. I told him that a friend of mine did that for which they said that this is wrong u can’t do that. I requested them to please help me and they decided to help me by issuing a new certificate with a correct address same as the one which was there on the document that I used for the eapr I.e. the one that looked like as if it was tempered to change.

Now in the the system I have the correct address written and they issued me a new certificate and told me that if somebody ask for verification we will do it because now the address in the system is same as the one that is on the document u submitted for your immigration and you don’t need to tell this to Cic

Now my question is shall I raise the CSE and explain this to Cic and submit the non tempered new certificate

Or shall I wait for them to ask me for the explanation that what did I do?

I am concerned that even if somehow Cic confirms that my divorce certificate is genuine still in Cic record they would always use my tempered certificate for cross check.

So shall I first raise CSE and send them the new one explaining what went wrong or wait let Cic ask

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I had my divorce certificate issued by the concerning authorities in my country with a wrong address typed on it. I asked the person who took my documents and submitted to the concerned authorities to get that changed. He unfortunately somehow wiped the printed address himself and put the address that I gave to him. I was under the impression that this is how it is changed and even in the system they have my actual address. I used the tempered document for my EAPR.

Today by chance I went to the concerned authorities and asked them if thr is any other supporting document that u would like to give me that they may aware of which Canadian immigration may ask later. They said no and told me that this one is enough to prove divorce. However, I asked him how does my certificate looks in their system and they showed me the one with wrong address and asked me from where I got it changed. I told him that a friend of mine did that for which they said that this is wrong u can’t do that. I requested them to please help me and they decided to help me by issuing a new certificate with a correct address same as the one which was there on the document that I used for the eapr I.e. the one that looked like as if it was tempered to change.

Now in the the system I have the correct address written and they issued me a new certificate and told me that if somebody ask for verification we will do it because now the address in the system is same as the one that is on the document u submitted for your immigration and you don’t need to tell this to Cic

Now my question is shall I raise the CSE and explain this to Cic and submit the non tempered new certificate

I am concerned that even if somehow Cic confirms that my divorce certificate is genuine still in Cic record they would always use my tempered certificate for cross check.

So shall I first raise CSE and send them the new one explaining what went wrong or wait let Cic ask
I think you should raise a CSE, send them the correct one and explain the mistake

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
do both look alike? i dont think they will cross check divorce certificates with issuing authorities. and in your case even if they did the address officially matches. you will be in trouble if you tell them you uploaded a tampered document in the first place.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Yes as per the officer they will verify in case if anyone will try to verify but my concerns are:

1) my address (on the document that I uploaded) looked tempered. The only difference between the two docs other then tempered look address is the date of issue which is different now and the tracking id.

2) if even I get away Cic will have a wrong document in their record forever which I don’t hold anymore as it was taken away by authorities and they will keep it for their record.

What to do

CasualAsylum

Sep 11, 2018

In this case, it is advised that you contact the IRCC immediately upon receiving your new divorce certificate, notify them of the incident in details, and provide a copy of your new divorce certificate.

safarizone

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
This is a tough one , Jaffar, because it is grounds for your whole application to be rejected. You submitted a fraudulent document. The only correct way to fix this would be to send them the new one and along with it, explain that you obtained the tAmpered (not tEmpered) document from someone who you had tasked, and you were mistaken in thinking the manual amendment was genuine.

It helps if you have a real reason why you would do the naive (verging on stupid) task of entrusting someone that it's obvious you shouldn't trust. Maybe you live too far away to physically go yourself? Regardless, it's good that you want to tell the truth. You could just let the issue rest and hope that things go smoothly. But a good explanation is better than a lie.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
I agree with you. Now I m preferring to have my application rejected rather than considered as misrepresentation

safarizone

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
I agree with you. Now I m preferring to have my application rejected rather than considered as misrepresentation
Look, you need to provide the genuine document and you have to explain the issue about the address, and you better hope that your reason for submitting a fraudulent focument is justifiable. They may still reject your application, it's all up to the visa officer. It's your job to be honest and explain how it came to be that you submitted something that was tampered with. Either way, I do not see the address as having been an issue in the first place.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
I
In this case, it is advised that you contact the IRCC immediately upon receiving your new divorce certificate, notify them of the incident in details, and provide a copy of your new divorce certificate.
Yes I am planning to do so and this time it is genuine and authority assured me that upon verification they will confirm because address is not a big issue and told me it’s not necessary to tell Cic about this but I m not convinced I don’t want to have Cic wrong document for my file. But the problem is how would I convince Cic I don’t have any concrete prove to tell Cic that my friend did this for me and it’s his mistake

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Look, you need to provide the genuine document and you have to explain the issue about the address, and you better hope that your reason for submitting a fraudulent focument is justifiable. They may still reject your application, it's all up to the visa officer. It's your job to be honest and explain how it came to be that you submitted something that was tampered with. Either way, I do not see the address as having been an issue in the first place.
Yes I wish that I had submitted the document with wrong address and justified in LOE

CasualAsylum

Sep 11, 2018
I

Yes I am planning to do so and this time it is genuine and authority assured me that upon verification they will confirm because address is not a big issue and told me it’s not necessary to tell Cic about this but I m not convinced I don’t want to have Cic wrong document for my file. But the problem is how would I convince Cic I don’t have any concrete prove to tell Cic that my friend did this for me and it’s his mistake
You will need to explain the incident in details even if that means including the name and contact info of your friend who tempered the divorce certificate. In addition, it is in your best interest to also provide the correspondence between you and the authority, if applicable. If the exchange between you and the authority took place in person or over the phone, then you should indicate the date you reached out to the authority, name of the representative, and his/her contact info, if applicable. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Jacko007

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
First you should understand that no one will call the issuing authority to confirm the authenticity of the document. Reasons:

- does everyone speak English or French in your country?
- do courts work 24/7 in your county (time difference)?
- does everyone in your country reveal personal/confidential information as soon as they hear "hello, this is IRCC" on the phone? If not, how would they confirm that this is really IRCC asking for information and not Joe Schmack Prankster?

You're welcome.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Yes as per the officer they will verify in case if anyone will try to verify but my concerns are:

1) my address (on the document that I uploaded) looked tempered. The only difference between the two docs other then tempered look address is the date of issue which is different now and the tracking id.

2) if even I get away Cic will have a wrong document in their record forever which I don’t hold anymore as it was taken away by authorities and they will keep it for their record.

What to do
Can you not tell them that when you had noticed the error you had highlighted to the authorities and some officer there had manually corrected and returned it to you for your records till they issued you a new updated one. Since you had not received the updated document while you were filing you had provided what you had with you. Now you have received the updated copy and hence are forwarding to IRCC. Can you say this ?