+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In trouble - Calling out all out of RO people for advice

Dec 28, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am trying to reach anyone who is/was out of RO and was let inside without being reported. I have the below questions:

1. How do you know if you that you were not reported?
2. Have their been cases where they let you in and then later you found out that you were actually reported?
3. Were you able to invite your parents/cousin/partner/grand-parents on a tourist visa while you were living in Canada (out of RO)?
4. What are the difficulties in renewing the PR card when you were out of RO? Is their a secondary review?
5. Is it OK to leave the country immediately after completing 730-740 days and submitting the renewal request with an expired card? What are the risks of PR card renewal being delayed and being stuck outside Canada for long?
6. Can someone apply for PRTD while PR card renewal request is going on?

Thank you, I appreciate your responses. I am really in need desperately.

Ola_NL

Dec 6, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am trying to reach anyone who is/was out of RO and was let inside without being reported. I have the below questions:

2. Have their been cases where they let you in and then later you found out that you were actually reported?
3. Were you able to invite your parents/cousin/partner/grand-parents on a tourist visa while you were living in Canada (out of RO)?
4. What are the difficulties in renewing the PR card when you were out of RO? Is their a secondary review?
5. Is it OK to leave the country immediately after completing 730-740 days and submitting the renewal request with an expired card? What are the risks of PR card renewal being delayed and being stuck outside Canada for long?

They will ask to sign paper or ask for follow-up

i think its case by case

Once you enter without reporting, you can invite, visa application will be treated separately than ur PR

Strong advise to NOT renew PR card while breach of RO unless you have strong H&C case and you can prove it via documentation

Once you leave after 730-740days, most probably you will be again in RO breach(Depends how long your trip will be) and create issue for PRTD

See answer for 5

This is what i can advise best of my knowledge.
Good luck!

Dec 28, 2021
They will ask to sign paper or ask for follow-up

i think its case by case

Once you enter without reporting, you can invite, visa application will be treated separately than ur PR

Strong advise to NOT renew PR card while breach of RO unless you have strong H&C case and you can prove it via documentation

Once you leave after 730-740days, most probably you will be again in RO breach(Depends how long your trip will be) and create issue for PRTD

See answer for 5

This is what i can advise best of my knowledge.
Good luck!
Thanks for your response.

Clarification on the 5th point - Can I not leave the country after sending my renewal application (after coming back in RO)? That's not a breach of RO, I have completed my days. I just have an expired card now.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015

Clarification on the 5th point - Can I not leave the country after sending my renewal application (after coming back in RO)? That's not a breach of RO, I have completed my days. I just have an expired card now.
You can leave and re-enter through land border only by showing your passport and COPR document. No airline will let you board the flight with an expired PR card unless you are from a visa-exempt country.

Ola_NL

Dec 6, 2018

For your question: You can leave country and enter with expire PR card at land border only.

RO is rolling 5 years once you reach 1st slot 5 years anniversary (i.e. since you became PR date).

once you pass 1st 5 years and then you have to always look back last 5 years from date you are entering the country and check you had 730 days.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can leave and re-enter through land border only by showing your passport and COPR document. No airline will let you board the flight with an expired PR card unless you are from a visa-exempt country.
Still can't board without a valid PR card or PRTD even if they are from a visa exempt country. The only exception is the USA.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

1. They should let you know if you have been reported.
2. I haven't seen a case on this forum but I can't say that's 100% impossible .
3. The visitor visa application is done by the person whose travelling. Your invitiation is just a suppliment info. I think it's OK to provide an invite letter even when you do not meet your RO.
4. DO NOT renew your PR card until you meet your RO and better yet have some buffer days. Difficulty is that your PR renewal will take a long time and at the end, they will most likely refused the renewal application because you applied before you met your RO. I am not saying there isn't any H&C exception. (e.g. you stayed in Canada while waiting for the PR card renewal and they didn't process it until years later and by then the person has totally exceed RO.)

5. It's OK to leave after you apply for renewal. But some cases, they can request PR to pickup the card in person. In that case, you will not have a valid card to travel back. And will need to request for a later pickup date, and apply for PRTD, travel back and pickup the card in person. Immigration do not care if your PR card is valid when you leave Canada. It's when you want to re-enter, that you need your PR card.

6. Yes. If you meet RO and continue to meet it, you can apply for PRTD.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Still can't board without a valid PR card or PRTD even if they are from a visa exempt country. The only exception is the USA.
Can't they board using their passport? Adding a European passport won't even ask them for a PR Card or PRTD.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can't they board using their passport? Adding a European passport won't even ask them for a PR Card or PRTD.
Nope. Europeans (who are not PRs) need an eTA to be allowed to board a plane. A PR can't get an eTA. So they need a valid PR card or PRTD to board.

Reactions: Buletruck