+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In the US with Tourist Visa - With Job Contract and LMO

vivenhs

Nov 27, 2008
I have an LMO and Job Contract but my TWP was refused (2x) in my country (1st-no sufficient ties from home country; 2nd no sufficient economic ties and not satisfied with the claimed work experience...). I am currently in the US with a Tourist Visa and plans to apply for TRV and travel to Canada afterwards.

What docs will the IO ask from me when I apply for WP at the POE, Will the IO be more strict considering my previous 2 WP refusal?

Thanks,
vivenhs

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vivenhs said:
I have an LMO and Job Contract but my TWP was refused (2x) in my country (1st-no sufficient ties from home country; 2nd no sufficient economic ties and not satisfied with the claimed work experience...). I am currently in the US with a Tourist Visa and plans to apply for TRV and travel to Canada afterwards.

What docs will the IO ask from me when I apply for WP at the POE, Will the IO be more strict considering my previous 2 WP refusal?

Thanks,
vivenhs
Brace yourself, they will probably refuse as well. It is doubtful that you will get a TRV as well.

PMM

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
vivenhs said:

Thanks,
vivenhs
If you can obtain a TRV and you do not need medicals then you can get your WP at the POE (WP is actually given at POEs). Officer at POE usually asks for the LMO and contract and the officer may contact your employer.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

job_seeker said:
If you can obtain a TRV and you do not need medicals then you can get your WP at the POE (WP is actually given at POEs). Officer at POE usually asks for the LMO and contract and the officer may contact your employer.
You should note that the OP has been refused twice overseas for the same job, why would you think that the result at a US office would be any different as s/he has even less ties to the US that his/her home country?

PMM

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

You should note that the OP has been refused twice overseas for the same job, why would you think that the result at a US office would be any different as s/he has even less ties to the US that his/her home country?

PMM

That is why I used "if" and not "when".

vivenhs

Nov 27, 2008
Thanks PMM/jobseeker.

i just wonder - while everywhere, canada says they need and are attracting workers, making route for immigration as come on and yet denying visas on lack of ties in home country????????

vivenhs