+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In sydney Australia without pr card. Help!

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
Hey I am in australia currently without a pr card as I left before it arrived (2 months after becoming an approved pr of Canada)
Does anyone have experience getting a prtd in sydney?? Can I just go to the office in sydney to drop off/pick up my passport and forms? How long does it take?
Also im confused about some ofthe questions, how do I prove that I WILL meet the requirements of 730 days?? I've only been a PR for 2 months.. I plan to stay the next few years but how do i prove that??
And what does it mean by "have you been employed outside of canada by a canadian business?" Does that include my job at a hotel in canada that I am returning to when I get back? Will recent payslips prove this??

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The fact you landed 2 months ago is sufficient proof of RO. You still have 4 years, 10 months to meet the obligation. You’ll need to go to VFS to submit in person. The embassy is unlikely to let you have access. Processing times seem to vary from a week to a month or more.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey I am in australia currently without a pr card as I left before it arrived (2 months after becoming an approved pr of Canada)
Does anyone have experience getting a prtd in sydney?? Can I just go to the office in sydney to drop off/pick up my passport and forms? How long does it take?
Also im confused about some ofthe questions, how do I prove that I WILL meet the requirements of 730 days?? I've only been a PR for 2 months.. I plan to stay the next few years but how do i prove that??
And what does it mean by "have you been employed outside of canada by a canadian business?" Does that include my job at a hotel in canada that I am returning to when I get back? Will recent payslips prove this??
1, Note that you can only walk in to a VAC in either Sydney or Perth, as they will close on Nov. 1st.
The one in Sydney will have new rules and fees as of Nov. 2nd, the one in Perth will close permanently.
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/australia/

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
Hi

1, Note that you can only walk in to a VAC in either Sydney or Perth, as they will close on Nov. 1st.
The one in Sydney will have new rules and fees as of Nov. 2nd, the one in Perth will close permanently.
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/australia/
Can I walk in to the sydney office on nov 2 do you know?? Also when it asks for my sin number to check my tax can I supply my old sin number which all my tax returns from the last 2 years or does it have to be the one I got a couple weeks ago after becoming PR?

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
The fact you landed 2 months ago is sufficient proof of RO. You still have 4 years, 10 months to meet the obligation. You’ll need to go to VFS to submit in person. The embassy is unlikely to let you have access. Processing times seem to vary from a week to a month or more.
Also when it asks for my sin number to check my tax returns can I supply my old sin number which all my tax returns from the last 2 years or does it have to be the one I got a couple weeks ago after becoming PR?