+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In progress Work Permit ?

ItsJag

Dec 19, 2023
Hello All,

I have filed a open work permit on Nov 16 and as per the current processing time I should get some kind update on Feb 8th (12 Weeks), can we apply a visitor visa while the Work permit application in progress ?

Reason is processing time is always exceeding the normal time, they say 12 weeks but it takes upto 20 weeks

Any suggestion ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,

I have filed a open work permit on Nov 16 and as per the current processing time I should get some kind update on Feb 8th (12 Weeks), can we apply a visitor visa while the Work permit application in progress ?

Reason is processing time is always exceeding the normal time, they say 12 weeks but it takes upto 20 weeks

Any suggestion ?
What country? Processing may be just as long

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
India, Current processing time is 12 weeks for work permit Outside Canada, Visititor just 30 days
So what type of open work permit? You had another post about IEC. Are you a citizen of India? For TRV, you need to show funds, ties to return (job letter with approved leave, spouse/child, business registration), travel history and valid reasons to travel.

ItsJag

Dec 19, 2023
So what type of open work permit? You had another post about IEC. Are you a citizen of India? For TRV, you need to show funds, ties to return (job letter with approved leave, spouse/child, business registration), travel history and valid reasons to travel.
Yes, Indian. IEC (spouse), just a open work permit and there is not issues if providing all the documents.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, Indian. IEC (spouse), just a open work permit and there is not issues if providing all the documents.
So your spouse has IEC and is working in Canada now? If not, how are you eligible for an IEC? Are you going through an RO or UK citizen?

Provide what I said above for TRV.