+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"In process" to "Decision made" after background check - what now?

nailiL

Apr 17, 2012
Hi,

So finally after waiting for almost 11 months after AIP was granted and background checks were started, my E-Cas status changed from "in process" to "decision made", and it says that "a decision was made on my application" and they sent me a letter. Hopefully I will receive this soon. anyway, i am happy because i've been waiting for this for a long time, at the same time I am worried that the decision will be a negative one. I called the call centre after i saw the status online and the lady told me something that the application is STILL in process and she said something about medicals. I already submitted medicals last summer, before I got my AIP. So, do medicals have an expiry date? Is it possible that i will have to re-do them? What is the usual process after it says decision made, does it actually mean they have made a decision?? When will I get scheduled for a landing interview (i applied as a protected person by the way)
Many thanks in advance!!

dan8008

Aug 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will see whats going on when you get the letter .. I dont think something wrong cuz i have send my medical on october 2011 and just yeasterday they put it on my E-case that medical
recived.. do they asked you to send them a police clearness letter from your home country ?

nailiL

Apr 17, 2012
Thanks for your reply. Wow that's a big delay... No they said about a month after i submitted the medicals that they received them, but I think she said something about me having to submit medicals (again?). anyway i guess i'll just see what the letter says, she seemed kind of confused anyway. I sent my fingerprints after I got AIP and they said that they are doing the background checks with them.. but i also sent a police clearence letter at the beginning of my application with my documents just in case they needed one. So i dont think anything should be missing in my file if they are finally done with the background checks.

dan8008

Aug 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call center not helpfull at all and they dont know much .Any one can work at the call center . You will be fine man . They have checked you already before giving you the refugee status . I dont think you get it if you have problems