+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In Process to Application Received

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
I have applied PR from my mother, and couple of weeks back back I got requirement document (death certificate of my father), which I sent via Canada Post. Till now status of application was "In Process" but today it's "Application Received" .

"Application Received" -> "In Process" -> "Application Received"

This is confusing. Is it normal :( ?

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
I have applied PR from my mother, and couple of weeks back back I got requirement document (death certificate of my father), which I sent via Canada Post. Till now status of application was "In Process" but today it's "Application Received" .

"Application Received" -> "In Process" -> "Application Received"

This is confusing. Is it normal :( ?
Same happened to me last month dtill waiting for update

abart

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
This happened to our application today. Very disheartening after 18 months of waiting and no communication since February 2020 from IRCC. :(

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This happened to our application today. Very disheartening after 18 months of waiting and no communication since February 2020 from IRCC. :(
Some movement is better than no movement.

It means at least something happened. No idea what though.

abart

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Some movement is better than no movement.

It means at least something happened. No idea what though.
I wouldn't be surprised if we have been moved to the end of the queue. IRCC is truly incompetent when it comes to processing applications. It makes no sense why 2020/2021 applicants are being processed when so many of us are waiting from 2019/2018.