+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"In Process" - does it still mean something?

jimmyche

May 7, 2015
Hello,

I am one of those who got switched to in process on Aug 6th, just got my DM today. There's hope for everyone.

02 04 2015 applied
04 30 2015 SA
07 30 2015 Request for confirmation of residence
08 03 2015 Responded to request
08 06 2015 IP
09 02 2015 DM

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
jimmyche said:
Hello,

I am one of those who got switched to in process on Aug 6th, just got my DM today. There's hope for everyone.

02 04 2015 applied
04 30 2015 SA
08 06 2015 IP
09 02 2015 DM
Congratulations!! Which visa office? Are u on the 2015 spreadsheet?

dole1990

Aug 4, 2015
amostpainfulwait said:
Congrats dole1990! Hopefully you will get the passport back with the visa! :)

That is interesting.

So this begs the question: are those applications which recently went into "In Process", being currently looked at by an immigration officer? Are the files being actively processed or are they put off in a pile where they will remain for many weeks/months? Looking at dole1990's post, it seems that atleast in the Nairobi VO, some work is being done. I wonder if it is the same for the other VOs.

The only way to know, I guess, is by ordering the CAIPS notes? When then would be an ideal time to be ordering these notes? 1 month after SA? 2? 3? Anyone whose ECAS shows "In Process" recently planning on ordering the notes?

Cheers
Thank you!, amostpainfulwait, At this point its hard to 100% confirm if files "in process" means they are being worked on but I think time will tell as we see more updates from other applicants. I wish everyone all the best and hope we continue to see more applicants getting processed quickly.

As for the CAIPS notes, I am no expert but I would recommend ordering notes after at-least 2 months from receiving SA so that you actually receive notes with significant information

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
jimmyche said:
Hello,

02 04 2015 applied
04 30 2015 SA
08 06 2015 IP
09 02 2015 DM
Jimmy my timeline buddy!!! CONGRATS to you!!! And hopefully this means I can expect a DM soon too!

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
jimmyche said:
Hello,

02 04 2015 applied
04 30 2015 SA
08 06 2015 IP
09 02 2015 DM
Congrats!

So, they do update ecas during the week. I thought they update it once a week "Thursday!"

my status went to IP in Aug 6th too. A March Applicant through Paris VO.

jimmyche

May 7, 2015
ChellyCat said:
Jimmy my timeline buddy!!! CONGRATS to you!!! And hopefully this means I can expect a DM soon too!
Thanks.

Yours should be anytime now. As we were both requested proof of residence on July 31th, we are a little different from others who only got switched to in process with no further request for info.

Jimmy

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
IP June 23 2015....I wonder What soon means?...lol...just kidding...At this point I am just happy that our case moved from a shelf to someones desk after 9 months ( as per case notes) of no one touching it..The last case notes had a due date of 24SEP2015..I should be getting case notes tomorrow so I hope to see at least "started' on some of the items...or there will be nothing again!..lets hope a few go DM in the next 2 days!!!

ASHABU

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/4/2015
AOR Received.
21/05/2015
File Transfer...
25/05/2015
Hi
Finally i hear back from them and they are asking for the passport ...Smiley
since they transferred the file to Sao Paulo in end of Jun, i did not hear from them,,,, yesterday i sent the visa office an inquiry regarding if i can get an update and today they reply back to me asking for the passport , by the way in the site still showing in process with only 2 lines,, one about the date the receive the application and the second line about the date they started processing the application

Dear Sir/Madam,

This e-mail is in reference to your permanent resident application, file number above.

Please be informed that we are ready to finalize this case. Would you kindly forward us the passport?

The permanent resident visa has the same validity period as the medical results, that is, 12 months from the date of the first examination, or according to the validity of the applicant's passport or any accompanying family member's passport, whichever is the earliest.

When forwarding the passport, please attach a letter confirming to which address we should send the passport to. If this address is not in Brazil, please be advised that this Consulate cannot cover the costs of sending a passport abroad. In that case, if you or applicant have a courrier account, kindly inform us the number, so that we can forward the passports to the mailing address, collect.

Sincerely,

Woona

Sep 5, 2015
Boisbriand, Québec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
LANDED..........
Soon!
Honestly, for the «In process» status on ecas, it never changed for me for a long time now and I got my AIP, and my husband his DM in the same day (Sept 15). On his profile on eCas, it says «Decision made» and on my profile «In process». When I am clicking on it, it says they sent a letter with the information of the decision made, but they did not updated it.

Same for our mailing adress. Mine is changed. My husband changed it on his profile. It showed the good adress for 2 weeks and oops, when he logged on a couple of days ago, the old adress was back. So he is going to make a call at the telecentre tomorrow just to be sure everything is in order in our file to receive our landing letter for the interview in Montreal :)

Bilnupe

Jul 27, 2015
ASHABU said:
Hi
Finally i hear back from them and they are asking for the passport ...Smiley
since they transferred the file to Sao Paulo in end of Jun, i did not hear from them,,,, yesterday i sent the visa office an inquiry regarding if i can get an update and today they reply back to me asking for the passport , by the way in the site still showing in process with only 2 lines,, one about the date the receive the application and the second line about the date they started processing the application

Dear Sir/Madam,

This e-mail is in reference to your permanent resident application, file number above.

Please be informed that we are ready to finalize this case. Would you kindly forward us the passport?

The permanent resident visa has the same validity period as the medical results, that is, 12 months from the date of the first examination, or according to the validity of the applicant's passport or any accompanying family member's passport, whichever is the earliest.

When forwarding the passport, please attach a letter confirming to which address we should send the passport to. If this address is not in Brazil, please be advised that this Consulate cannot cover the costs of sending a passport abroad. In that case, if you or applicant have a courrier account, kindly inform us the number, so that we can forward the passports to the mailing address, collect.

Sincerely,
Is it means you had to email them first before they take action??

I should try that ;D

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
emily3859 said:
Hey guys.
My app went "In process" June 18th 2015 and I got my DM on July 31 2015.
You also submitted your application in FEBRUARY. Those that are seeing IP who submitted in June, July, and August have been waiting considerably less time. Thus, I'm going to assume those who have been waiting less time and show IP aren't seeing IP like the traditional sense. You waited MONTHS between SA and IP. They are seeing only days.

I haven't heard of one person who's gone into IP that submitted their applications in May, June, or July see any movement or receive any indication they're IP like those who submitted in February, March or even April**. Those who see IP and submitted before late May I think are legitimate IPs. Those who submitted in May or later, I think it's a processing error or not an accurate gauge of when DM will be made. (And if it is, holy cow. The CIC just shafted people who've been waiting twice as long—some three times as long.)

Have you noticed how many people received IP on August 6th? I've seen dozens of people who saw IP on that date in particular with no one seeing any DM, PPR, etc. Seems like a batch of new transfers, when likely being received at the VO, where input as IP. The only people to receive IP on August 6th to get any answers have been those who submitted February-ish—not June, etc.

On my case notes, I can see that my application was moved to IP when it arrived to Ottawa, but then was changed back to received and not started. It could be that applications are marked IP when received at new VOs; officers edit the information of arrival. I suspect those who saw IP the same day their applications arrived at their VOs were supposed to change a status back and didn't.

So, in my opinion, those people who are receiving IP and have been waiting since February, March, etc. are more than likely seeing a legitimate IP whereas those who seem to be shaving off 3-4 months off the average time of when they should be seeing IP likely aren't accurate.

(**Not including those VOs who have stupidly fast turn around times.)

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
Ineffable said:
You also submitted your application in FEBRUARY. Those that are seeing IP who submitted in June, July, and August have been waiting considerably less time. Thus, I'm going to assume those who have been waiting less time and show IP aren't seeing IP like the traditional sense. You waited MONTHS between SA and IP. They are seeing only days.

I haven't heard of one person who's gone into IP that submitted their applications in May, June, or July see any movement or receive any indication they're IP like those who submitted in February, March or even April**. Those who see IP and submitted before late May I think are legitimate IPs. Those who submitted in May or later, I think it's a processing error or not an accurate gauge of when DM will be made. (And if it is, holy cow. The CIC just shafted people who've been waiting twice as long—some three times as long.)

Have you noticed how many people received IP on August 6th? I've seen dozens of people who saw IP on that date in particular with no one seeing any DM, PPR, etc. Seems like a batch of new transfers, when likely being received at the VO, where input as IP. The only people to receive IP on August 6th to get any answers have been those who submitted February-ish—not June, etc.

On my case notes, I can see that my application was moved to IP when it arrived to Ottawa, but then was changed back to received and not started. It could be that applications are marked IP when received at new VOs; officers edit the information of arrival. I suspect those who saw IP the same day their applications arrived at their VOs were supposed to change a status back and didn't.

So, in my opinion, those people who are receiving IP and have been waiting since February, March, etc. are more than likely seeing a legitimate IP whereas those who seem to be shaving off 3-4 months off the average time of when they should be seeing IP likely aren't accurate.

(**Not including those VOs who have stupidly fast turn around times.)
I'm an early Feb app who went IP on August 6, and I'm starting to lose hope for a DM anytime soon. Seems that previously, IP ---> DM took a week to a month at most, and now I'm a month and a half in with nothing. It's hard to remain optimistic with each day that passes with no news. :(

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
If I am not mistaken the ones who went "in process" and applied in May,June, July were never contacted by Ottawa for additional documents. For example a ton of early 2015 applicants like myself who went IP in August were contacted by CIC first regarding the RPRf payment and the sponsor proof of residency in Canada as well as their FBI clearance,if you read the request to provide the police clearance it clearly says "your application is in queue and pending review of a visa officer and we will contact when the checks are done regarding our decision". This clearly shows that the application is "in process". I have not heard any of the applicants who went in "IP" in May, June , July having been sent these documents, I could be wrong. My opinion is if you were requested those documents your applicant is truly in process for the others in process just means the date the file was received by Ottawa.

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
jamsham12 said:
If I am not mistaken the ones who went "in process" and applied in May,June, July were never contacted by Ottawa for additional documents. For example a ton of early 2015 applicants like myself who went IP in August were contacted by CIC first regarding the RPRf payment and the sponsor proof of residency in Canada as well as their FBI clearance,if you read the request to provide the police clearance it clearly says "your application is in queue and pending review of a visa officer and we will contact when the checks are done regarding our decision". This clearly shows that the application is "in process". I have not heard any of the applicants who went in "IP" in May, June , July having been sent these documents, I could be wrong. My opinion is if you were requested those documents your applicant is truly in process for the others in process just means the date the file was received by Ottawa.
I only received the Canadian residence/RPRF request, never did get the police clearance request :/ Wonder why that is?