+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In Preparation to 2016 Parent sponsorship application

minboui

Jan 4, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am preparing to complete the forms and gather info for the new Parent application in January 2016. I noticed that they only updated 2 forms so far. On the financial evaluation form, they still list 2013, 2012 and 2011. I was wondering if this is right or will they be updating the forms until last minute?
Are we going to see any changes to the application process due to the political change?
Thanks
Laval.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
minboui said:
Hi everyone,

I am preparing to complete the forms and gather info for the new Parent application in January 2016. I noticed that they only updated 2 forms so far. On the financial evaluation form, they still list 2013, 2012 and 2011. I was wondering if this is right or will they be updating the forms until last minute?
Are we going to see any changes to the application process due to the political change?
Thanks
Laval.
Sometime in the next few months they will update the forms to indicate 2012, 2013 and 2014 income amounts.
As to what other changes may be coming for this year, nobody knows.

minboui

Jan 4, 2014
Thanks for your reply. Can I start completing the other forms in the meantime? My parents are still back home and it is tough to get them to sign the papers and send it back to me.

ps1957

Oct 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is regarding the new forms...if and when they update
How do we know which forms have been updated?

And also the new Minimum necessary income for 2014...This is the amount to be written in the form is it not so?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ps1957 said:
This is regarding the new forms...if and when they update
How do we know which forms have been updated?

And also the new Minimum necessary income for 2014...This is the amount to be written in the form is it not so?
When you go to PGP Application Package, you will see a list of forms with their respective publication Month Year at right side. You can take a note of this info or just capture the screen for future comparison. You will also see the publication info if you open each form on bottom left (in mm-yyyy format) of every page. So, keep visiting this page frequently to check if any other form has a publication update in 2015.

As of this time, there has been 2 updates in 2015:
  • Document Checklist — Sponsor [IMM 5771] (PDF, 210 KB) May 2015
  • Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 481.17 KB) April 2015

You may also find this useful: Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

minboui

Jan 4, 2014
Good morning everyone,
FYI - The forms have been updated. However i just realized that I do not have my Notice of assessment for 2014 in paper format. Apparently CRA no longer sends the paper NOA but posts it online on your account. My question is: Can we use the printed online version or do I need to call CRA to get a paper one. Does CRA even have a paper version anymore?

Thx
lav

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
minboui said:
Good morning everyone,
FYI - The forms have been updated. However i just realized that I do not have my Notice of assessment for 2014 in paper format. Apparently CRA no longer sends the paper NOA but posts it online on your account. My question is: Can we use the printed online version or do I need to call CRA to get a paper one. Does CRA even have a paper version anymore?

Thx
lav
Read your forms:

IMM5768 (Financial Evaluation)
16. Starting with the most recent info in Year 1, record all income earned from all sources identified in the table below over the three-year period. Use your CRA NOA to complete the following table. If you do not have paper copies of your NOA on file, you can view (and print) your tax returns as well as other personal tax info using the CRA's My Account online service. To register or login, visit My Account.

minboui

Jan 4, 2014
Hi Rossei,

Thanks for the reply. You misunderstood my question or maybe I did not asked properly. Just wanted to know whether a printed version of the NOA for 2014 is fine or do we need a hard copy?

Thank you
Lav

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
minboui said:
Hi Rossei,

Thanks for the reply. You misunderstood my question or maybe I did not asked properly. Just wanted to know whether a printed version of the NOA for 2014 is fine or do we need a hard copy?

Thank you
Lav
Give CRA a call. They used to send Option C printout which is equivalent to NOA. Mind you, it takes 2 weeks to receive. If CRA doesn't give them anymore, then CIC will probably accept Online Prints (as it's mentioned in my above post). If you have looked at the previous version of the form (for 2015), we had different writing in 16. It did not say anything about Online Printouts.

Just to clarify:
NOA is produced once by CRA and is only available in paper format. It cannot be re-produced if lost.
Option C is more like a paper copy of the online version but authenticated by CRA. It can be requested and re-produced.
Online Print is not an official document by CRA (as I was told last year by CRA agent). It can be re-produced/printed.

minboui

Jan 4, 2014
Rossei said:
Give CRA a call. They used to send Option C printout which is equivalent to NOA. Mind you, it takes 2 weeks to receive. If CRA doesn't give them anymore, then CIC will probably accept Online Prints (as it's mentioned in my above post). If you have looked at the previous version of the form (for 2015), we had different writing in 16. It did not say anything about Online Printouts.

Just to clarify:
NOA is produced once by CRA and is only available in paper format. It cannot be re-produced if lost.
Option C is more like a paper copy of the online version but authenticated by CRA. It can be requested and re-produced.
Online Print is not an official document by CRA (as I was told last year by CRA agent). It can be re-produced/printed.
Thank you!