+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In preparation for my big day (Thursday) Landing

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hi everyone. I’m landing Thursday and will be sharing with you my experience. Just some final questions.

1- I’m landing and leaving after the weekend. Is this a problem?
2- Will they (CIC) mail my card to my inlaws home where we will be moving before Christmas? They are coming to visit us before we move and they have offered to bring my Card.
3- This list to good list…where is it? I don’t have much to take with me except clothing and an ipod. It seems like they are asking for more. Also, I have a pension which I must withdraw when I leave my current place of residence do I put that money into goods to come?
4- Is Toronto Known to give PR Visa holders a hard time….especially if they are leaving.
Worth noting is that we are landing and leaving. I live with my Canadian spouse here outside of Canada and the reason we want to do the landing is because when we move to Canada we want to be one step ahead of the game.
Also, getting the PR Card is the reward we both want because the application and waiting was so cruel that the PR Card in our possession would be the reward …..although I understand that I would be an official PR of Canada---the card just speaks volumes.
My biggest concern at this time is my PR CARD--- I have heard cases where the Immigration Officer refuses to send it to peoples Canadian address (family or friends) until they move to Canda.
What do you think.. Thanks everyeone. I’m getting really nervouce.

canbrit

Star Member
Jan 25, 2009
Hi robertbola,

I sent you a personal message as well, but wants hoping to get your help regarding sending the passport to NYC. From what I understand I can courier it to them, but in terms of getting it back, my only option is for it to be sent via regular mail as I am in Canada and do not have a courporate account with a courier. Is this what you found? This, of course, concerns me that it may get lost, and what would happen if it did. I read that you were able to talk to someone personally. Did they say anything about this.

It must be very exciting to be land. Good luck!

canbrit

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canbrit said:
Hi robertbola,

I sent you a personal message as well, but wants hoping to get your help regarding sending the passport to NYC. From what I understand I can courier it to them, but in terms of getting it back, my only option is for it to be sent via regular mail as I am in Canada and do not have a courporate account with a courier. Is this what you found? This, of course, concerns me that it may get lost, and what would happen if it did. I read that you were able to talk to someone personally. Did they say anything about this.

It must be very exciting to be land. Good luck!

canbrit
Try UPS. I've gone in there and pre-paid things coming from other countries even though I'm in Canada. And I don't have a corporate account either. And I've heard that some places like Mailboxes Etc. will let you do this too, for a price! Good luck.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Good luck robertbola , hopefuly you will have a smooth landing. From my experience, toronto airport is good, and they treat new comer very well with a big smile. About the list of goods, you should have 2, one for the accompagnying goods and another one for the goods to follow. About the PR card, I read here that they are a little bit in a backlog for the people who landed after the middle of july, because they are issying a new version. Make sure you will be able to have your PR when you re-enter canada, or you need to get a special form, don't recall what it is called, so they will let you enter without your PR if you haven't get it yet.
Good luck

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Good luck, robertbola! Have a safe landing! :)

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robertbola,

I appreciated all your posts...I learned so much from you! Since, your timeline was a step ahead of mine, I was able to gain knowledge by reading your posts! TY for that!

You were being an inspiration and didn't even now it! ;)

Best of Luck today! Welcome Home to Canada!!!!

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
KevinsJane---thank you so much for your post. I'm so nervous today and your post made me smile and made me say how good people really are n this site.

My spouse and I read it and wanted us to say thank you so much....and we wish you all the well on your part as well.

:)

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awwwe Robertbola...Happy Thanksgiving! We are both in Canada, only miles away! Have a Wonderful Day, on Canadian soil, with much to be thankful for!