+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In-laws travelling to Canada

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
An update to allay the fears of folks who were (righteously) against my folks travelling to Canada during these times: we cancelled the trip. There is no point risking the lives of my newborn, my wife and my in-laws (and others too!).

I can, however, confirm that Canada is allowing visitors if they are immediate family of citizens or permanent residents - this is for anyone else considering travel now.

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Just commenting to confirm that my mother arrived as a visitir on June 9. She had a photocopy of my PR card and my birth certificate to prove she is immediate family. She also had a quarantine plan stating she would be staying with us with letters from our employers confirming we are working from home until the end of the year and that groceries for the whole family for 2 whole weeks will be purchased before she is picked up from the airport. No letters from the IRCC/CBSA were required.

congratulations on the baby.
Thanks, jddd!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
An update to allay the fears of folks who were (righteously) against my folks travelling to Canada during these times: we cancelled the trip. There is no point risking the lives of my newborn, my wife and my in-laws (and others too!).

I can, however, confirm that Canada is allowing visitors if they are immediate family of citizens or permanent residents - this is for anyone else considering travel now.
Trying to educate people that infants are considered high risk for covid verus children and that quarantine needs to be prioritized is not discouraging anyone to visit. Infants also have regular doctors visits and postpartum mothers also have at least a doctors visit so those who plan on accessing the medical system (hospital, doctors office kr longterm care) need to be especially careful when it comes to not having contact with their families while they are quaranting. There are many posts on this forum where people don't have adequate quarantine plans and many people lack understanding of basic public health principles. Also think the government should really more specific when explaining what quarantine and even provide a flyer since many people don't understand how to quarantine properly.