+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In History of PR, was anyone punished for applications/errors?

james donald

Mar 28, 2020
On May 06, I applied for the Intl. Student Grad Stream as I was eligible. But my payment failed multiple times but I was charged. With no other option and no other funds, I uploaded the screenshot of the charge/statement and uploaded as payment proof. I also noticed that I made several small mistakes but not biggie errors and probably have a chance of getting rejected my first application.

I am also eligible for the essential non-healthcare- my ex-employer just issued the documents needed after a lot of tries and as of now I have better proof regarding my current employment too- paystubs issued and everything ready. And hopefully I will get my PCC within couple of days too as I track it.

Is it okay if apply under a different stream? Will my second application too will be rejected or will it be considered as a new separate application? Will there be any consequences?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
On May 06, I applied for the Intl. Student Grad Stream as I was eligible. But my payment failed multiple times but I was charged. With no other option and no other funds, I uploaded the screenshot of the charge/statement and uploaded as payment proof. I also noticed that I made several small mistakes but not biggie errors and probably have a chance of getting rejected my first application.

I am also eligible for the essential non-healthcare- my ex-employer just issued the documents needed after a lot of tries and as of now I have better proof regarding my current employment too- paystubs issued and everything ready. And hopefully I will get my PCC within couple of days too as I track it.

Is it okay if apply under a different stream? Will my second application too will be rejected or will it be considered as a new separate application? Will there be any consequences?
We don't know.

It's possible you can apply under two streams, it's possible IRCC will only consider your first application even if you apply under two streams, it's also possible that IRCC will cancel both applications. It's too early to know.

james donald

Mar 28, 2020
We don't know.

It's possible you can apply under two streams, it's possible IRCC will only consider your first application even if you apply under two streams, it's also possible that IRCC will cancel both applications. It's too early to know.
Yes, that is pretty much established. What I am looking for is a guess/weighed opinion tending to one side- may be based on historical precedents, opinions and experiences. And based on my amateur research I can see that IRCC is pretty much okay with applications under multiple streams as well as historically, they don't reject applicants who applied twice for a PR program- can anyone agree on that- possibly they can pause the 2nd one and process the 1st one and based on the verdict of the 1st one, they either move to the 2nd one or cancel the 2nd one altogether (financial loss for the applicant).
Of course they can punish someone for applying twice and wasting someone else's spot but in this case, there is IRCC's fault too (regard to payment systems, with the onus being on the applicant to prove that, which is fairly easy)

Reactions: Micheal737373

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, that is pretty much established. What I am looking for is a guess/weighed opinion tending to one side- may be based on historical precedents, opinions and experiences. And based on my amateur research I can see that IRCC is pretty much okay with applications under multiple streams as well as historically, they don't reject applicants who applied twice for a PR program- can anyone agree on that- possibly they can pause the 2nd one and process the 1st one and based on the verdict of the 1st one, they either move to the 2nd one or cancel the 2nd one altogether (financial loss for the applicant).
Of course they can punish someone for applying twice and wasting someone else's spot but in this case, there is IRCC's fault too (regard to payment systems, with the onus being on the applicant to prove that, which is fairly easy)
I wouldn't agree that IRCC is pretty much OK with applications under multiple streams. Generally speaking, you can't have multiple applications under different streams within the same program but it's OK across different programs.

You can't have multiple Express Entry application (e.g. you can't have a FSW application at the same time as CEC or FST or PNP).

You can't have multiple PNP applications.

You can't have multiple spousal sponsorship applications.

You CAN have an Express Entry application and a non-Express Entry PNP application.

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
IRCC will just punish you for misrepresentation (you lied or didn't disclose important information to get an advantage during the process). In that case, you can be banned for up to 5 years to enter or apply for any visa to Canada.
All other scenarios (lack of document proof, typo errors, etc) usually just lead to application rejection.

james donald

Mar 28, 2020
IRCC will just punish you for misrepresentation (you lied or didn't disclose important information to get an advantage during the process). In that case, you can be banned for up to 5 years to enter or apply for any visa to Canada.
All other scenarios (lack of document proof, typo errors, etc) usually just lead to application rejection.
that's comforting, I guess the maximum harm would be the 1st appl. getting rejected.

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hi friends I forget to mention Canada study permit refusal in TR to Pr but I have mentioned that refusal in my all previous applications that includes Study permit, work permit and TRV inside Canada.I am planning attach honest mistake letter after AOR.Whay do you guys think of the chances of my PR refusal.I am so much worried

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Hi friends I forget to mention Canada study permit refusal in TR to Pr but I have mentioned that refusal in my all previous applications that includes Study permit, work permit and TRV inside Canada.I am planning attach honest mistake letter after AOR.Whay do you guys think of the chances of my PR refusal.I am so much worried
You must communicate ASAP to IRCC about your mistake. The fact you mentioned in the previous applications does not make you immune to misrepresentation. But attach all proofs in a new webform and you will be fine considering your form will be processed before your actual application (most likely if you applied to the new stream). Just be prepared for enhanced screening (it will take longer to process your application).

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
You must communicate ASAP to IRCC about your mistake. The fact you mentioned in the previous applications does not make you immune to misrepresentation.
I don’t have AOR but I attached updated form plus fees receipt and plus honest mistake letter but once I get AOR I again gonna send them