+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In correct Salary in the reference letter

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
@legalfalcon

It would be really helpful if I could get the answers for the below queries, I'm super confused and could not get the right answers, PLEASE HELP

1, I've submitted my application, I've a query wrt the submitted reference letter, the Salary calculation was wrong in one of my work reference letters provided by a former colleague, instead of 11 months, he calculated for 10 months.
Will IRCC actually calculate the monthly salary with the duration that I've worked? or they will just only verify if I was being paid. Is this a serious issue or will it trigger in a different way. Provided salary slips too for 6 months. Should I wait for the IRCC?

2, I've shown my spouse work experience in personal history. However, I've provided a declaration (LOE) that this experience was not shown during my previous visa application with the NOC code. Now, I came to know the provided NOC in the declaration is wrong. What to do now? Selction of NOC is wrong in the declaration form is this a serious issue? Please help

3, As per my new closed work permit, I supposed to work with my current employer from 2nd Dec 2019 (WP start date - 02nd Dec 2019). But, I started working from 9th Dec 2019 as I was serving my notice period with my old employer (LMIA ClosedWP) and my old work permit with previous employer was valid until 10th Feb 2020.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

It would be really helpful if I could get the answers for the below queries, I'm super confused and could not get the right answers, PLEASE HELP

1, I've submitted my application, I've a query wrt the submitted reference letter, the Salary calculation was wrong in one of my work reference letters provided by a former colleague, instead of 11 months, he calculated for 10 months.
Will IRCC actually calculate the monthly salary with the duration that I've worked? or they will just only verify if I was being paid. Is this a serious issue or will it trigger in a different way. Provided salary slips too for 6 months. Should I wait for the IRCC?

2, I've shown my spouse work experience in personal history. However, I've provided a declaration (LOE) that this experience was not shown during my previous visa application with the NOC code. Now, I came to know the provided NOC in the declaration is wrong. What to do now? Selction of NOC is wrong in the declaration form is this a serious issue? Please help

3, As per my new closed work permit, I supposed to work with my current employer from 2nd Dec 2019 (WP start date - 02nd Dec 2019). But, I started working from 9th Dec 2019 as I was serving my notice period with my old employer (LMIA ClosedWP) and my old work permit with previous employer was valid until 10th Feb 2020.

1. The immigration law only states that the work should be compensated. There is no threshold minimum for it. So not need to be concerned. However, if there is an error, you can get a revised letter and submit it via webform.

2. Not sure what your question is. Could you rephrase it. Are you referring to PA or dependent?

3. I don't see any issues.

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
@ legal
1. The immigration law only states that the work should be compensated. There is no threshold minimum for it. So not need to be concerned. However, if there is an error, you can get a revised letter and submit it via webform.

2. Not sure what your question is. Could you rephrase it. Are you referring to PA or dependent?

3. I don't see any issues.
@legalfalcon @legalfalcon Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate your time and the kind responses. You are the real savior!!!

Sorry about that, WRT 2 point: I'm referring to dependent, I did not mention my spouse work experience in the previous visa application, Hence, I declared her experience in the personal history and submitted a LOE stating that " we forgot to mention xxx work exp in NOC 1223 in the SOWP application in 2019"

So now, the NOC mentioned in the LOE is wrong. Will it create any problem?

One more important point, missed to add in my 3 question: I summitted my old work permit at the border on 29th November and continued with my old employer for a week (serving my notice period despite having a employer specific new work permit). Is it a misrepresentation?

Submitted my Old work permit at the Border service: 29th November 2019
Relieved
from old employer: 6th December 2019
Employer specific Old work permit: Valid until Feb 2020

New Employer specific Work permit (start Date (as per the permit)): 02nd Dec 2019
Joined with new employer: 9th Dec 2019

I'm concerned that I've submitted my old work permit at the border and continued working with old employer for a week. Do I need to do anything now, submitted my profile. Will IRCC know my submission date of work permit or only the Validity period?

Kind regards

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@ legal

@legalfalcon @legalfalcon Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate your time and the kind responses. You are the real savior!!!

Sorry about that, WRT 2 point: I'm referring to dependent, I did not mention my spouse work experience in the previous visa application, Hence, I declared her experience in the personal history and submitted a LOE stating that " we forgot to mention xxx work exp in NOC 1223 in the SOWP application in 2019"

So now, the NOC mentioned in the LOE is wrong. Will it create any problem?

One more important point, missed to add in my 3 question: I summitted my old work permit at the border on 29th November and continued with my old employer for a week (serving my notice period despite having a employer specific new work permit). Is it a misrepresentation?

Submitted my Old work permit at the Border service: 29th November 2019
Relieved
from old employer: 6th December 2019
Employer specific Old work permit: Valid until Feb 2020

New Employer specific Work permit (start Date (as per the permit)): 02nd Dec 2019
Joined with new employer: 9th Dec 2019

I'm concerned that I've submitted my old work permit at the border and continued working with old employer for a week. Do I need to do anything now, submitted my profile. Will IRCC know my submission date of work permit or only the Validity period?

Kind regards
A dependent spouse does not get ant points for foreign work experience. No even if the NOC is incorrect, it won't matter. However, you can send a revised LoE via webform.

If your employer specific WP expired, then you could not work for that employer, however you did not lose your worker status as you got a new WP. It will not be an issue per se.

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
revious visa application, Hence, I declared her experience in the personal history and submitted a LOE stating that " we forgot to mention xxx work exp in NOC 1223 in the SOWP application in 2019"
A dependent spouse does not get ant points for foreign work experience. No even if the NOC is incorrect, it won't matter. However, you can send a revised LoE via webform.

If your employer specific WP expired, then you could not work for that employer, however you did not lose your worker status as you got a new WP. It will not be an issue per se.
@legalfalcon

Thanks again for your response.

It was not expired and was valid for 2 more months when surrendered. I surrendered my old work permit at the border and received the new one with difference employer and province.

Will work permit become void after Surrendering?
or
become invalid after/expired the validity of the actual permit?
or
both?

I do not find any legal statement or document on this.

I'm really afraid if this triggers to exclusion/removal order on the above issue. How does the exclusion order works? I'm not overstayed nor illegally worked without status. Yes my mistake was, worked with my old employer (Quebec) for a week despite having my new closed work permit (Ontario). Did anyone came across with similar kind of issues to you? What IRCC finds in integrated FOSS search?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Thanks again for your response.

It was not expired and was valid for 2 more months when surrendered. I surrendered my old work permit at the border and received the new one with difference employer and province.

Will work permit become void after Surrendering?
or
become invalid after/expired the validity of the actual permit?
or
both?

I do not find any legal statement or document on this.

I'm really afraid if this triggers to exclusion/removal order on the above issue. How does the exclusion order works? I'm not overstayed nor illegally worked without status. Yes my mistake was, worked with my old employer (Quebec) for a week despite having my new closed work permit (Ontario). Did anyone came across with similar kind of issues to you? What IRCC finds in integrated FOSS search?
A few days doe snot matter and since you had a WP, you were never out of status. However, since you have a employer based WP, you should only work for the employer mentioned in the WP.

The WP is effective from the date it is issued and when a new one is issued the previous one is redundant.

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
A few days doe snot matter and since you had a WP, you were never out of status. However, since you have a employer based WP, you should only work for the employer mentioned in the WP.

The WP is effective from the date it is issued and when a new one is issued the previous one is redundant.
@legalfalcon - THANK YOU SO MUCH for answering my all queries. My last query is below wrt this topic.

I hope this will not create any issues. YES, I was never out of my status. I assume based on your answers, IRCC verify weather the person in the valid status and not being worked for some other employer against (stated in the WP) for too long.

Do I need to inform about this discrepancy with IRCC? because, my current employer already stated in my reference letter that "I was serving my notice period for two weeks with previous company and accepted my joining date as DDMMYYYY". Also, old employer stated that "I served noticed period on xxx date"

Since, I received the above statements from employers itself. Do I still need to inform IRCC through webform?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - THANK YOU SO MUCH for answering my all queries. My last query is below wrt this topic.

I hope this will not create any issues. YES, I was never out of my status. I assume based on your answers, IRCC verify weather the person in the valid status and not being worked for some other employer against (stated in the WP) for too long.

Do I need to inform about this discrepancy with IRCC? because, my current employer already stated in my reference letter that "I was serving my notice period for two weeks with previous company and accepted my joining date as DDMMYYYY". Also, old employer stated that "I served noticed period on xxx date"

Since, I received the above statements from employers itself. Do I still need to inform IRCC through webform?

Rule of thumb is to always disclose and be truthful. However, a few days is not a a big concern, but you can disclose it by explaining it in LoE.