+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In Citizenship interview officer asked for i94 history

Deep001

Aug 15, 2019
Good Day All,

I went to Scarborough citizenship office for citizenship test yesterday. I passed my test and I had interview with the officer. In the interview Officer asked me about I94 history. Because I have driven truck to U.S for about 6-7 months in 2015/2016.

Now when I applied for citizenship I requested all my travel history from CBSA office and also give my consent to Cic to pull my travel history record in the citizenship application.

Now I have explained officer I have CBSA travel history and all my log books. But he mentioned that he need I94 history specifically. And he gave me 30 days to submit.

I checked I94 website. I can only pull my last I94 document. And when I m trying to pull all the travel history it says no record found.

Then I requested all US travel history from FOIA-CBP but on there website it is mentioned that it is minimum 20 days to max. 6 months process depends upon the request.

Is there anyone who can help me what can I do in this situation? Or any suggestions if anyone went through same issue.

Last edited:

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
Good Day All,

I went to Scarborough citizenship office for citizenship test yesterday. I passed my test and I had interview with the officer. In the interview Officer asked me about I94 history. Because I have driven truck to U.S for about 6-7 months in 2015/2016.

Now when I applied for citizenship I requested all my travel history from CBSA office and also give my consent to Cic to pull my travel history record in the citizenship application.

Now I have explained officer I have CBSA travel history and all my log books. But he mentioned that he need I94 history specifically. And he gave me 30 days to submit.

I checked I94 website. I can only pull my last I94 document. And when I m trying to pull all the travel history it says no record found.

Then I requested all US travel history from FOIA-CBP but on there website it is mentioned that it is minimum 20 days to max. 6 months process depends upon the request.

Is there anyone who can help me what can I do in this situation? Or any suggestions if anyone went through same issue.

you can find travel history here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search

alinech

Jan 10, 2019
U r right... only I can pull my last I94. But when I m trying to pull i94 history. It shows no record found.
u need to use the passport that used it to enter. so lets say u have passport from 2012-2017 u get history for 2012-2017 and then u use ur new passport to pull the latest records...

Deep001

Aug 15, 2019
u need to use the passport that used it to enter. so lets say u have passport from 2012-2017 u get history for 2012-2017 and then u use ur new passport to pull the latest records...
I have tried with both passport. Still showing no record found.

Ravinder singh

Mar 18, 2014
Same situation with me... like no interview still but for the calculation i did try i94 site and it says no record found despite of last i94.
What you can do is two options
- either apply for us border services access to information form and wait for reply and notify ircc about that. They can extend the date ,i guess, like most cases.
- apply for cbsa canada atip(access to information) option. i did that and got reply ,full history, after exact 30 days.

Or apply for both i will say, whichever comes earlier provide ircc with that.

Good luck brother

Deep001

Aug 15, 2019
Same situation with me... like no interview still but for the calculation i did try i94 site and it says no record found despite of last i94.
- either apply for us border services access to information form and wait for reply and notify ircc about that. They can extend the date ,i guess, like most cases.
- apply for cbsa canada atip(access to information) option. i did that and got reply ,full history, after exact 30 days.

Good luck brother
I have ATIP from CBSA. I explained officer in the interview. But he specifically looking for I 94 history. That's what stressing me out. Why can't he use CBSA travel history report and all my log books to match all the trip dates. If he has any doubt.
Now days they r asking for I 94 history too.
I already filed request from FOIA-CBP for USA travel history. Buts it's gonna take long time.

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto

Good luck brother
This is so stupid, I've given so much info and they have both my passports in hand, now they want an i94 too.
Can you please tell me how long it took to finally get through this? I am so effing annoyed at how its being made unnecessarily annoying

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
This is so stupid, I've given so much info and they have both my passports in hand, now they want an i94 too.
Can you please tell me how long it took to finally get through this? I am so effing annoyed at how its being made unnecessarily annoying
Unfortunately, it's the responsibility of the applicant to prove that they are eligible, based on, among other things, their border crossing history. IRCC don't have to prove that you are not eligible. It could be worse, if you had received a full blown RQ, for example.

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Unfortunately, it's the responsibility of the applicant to prove that they are eligible, based on, among other things, their border crossing history. IRCC don't have to prove that you are not eligible. It could be worse, if you had received a full blown RQ, for example.
I printed the i94 on the spot and told them it's not available for old passport. They said okay...