+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In case of Medical Emergency, how to reach hospital/clinic ( Qorax and All)

toronto2011

May 22, 2011
Dear all,

My wife is pregnant and we are planning to land in Calgary or Edmonton. In normal circumstances we go first to physician and then go to second place as recommended by the physician. However, I want to know if at anytime, someone has emergency ( God forbid) especially related to pregnancy, how to reach nearby hospital or clinic in Edmonton or Calgary? Please share your knowledge, it's very important issue.

Regards,

khtoyon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2010
Doc's Request.
19-07-2010 (give me 120 days for submission)
File Transfer...
25-07-2010
Med's Request
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-03-2014
Interview........
no need
Passport Req..
01-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-08-2014
toronto2011 said:
Dear all,

My wife is pregnant and we are planning to land in Calgary or Edmonton. In normal circumstances we go first to physician and then go to second place as recommended by the physician. However, I want to know if at anytime, someone has emergency ( God forbid) especially related to pregnancy, how to reach nearby hospital or clinic in Edmonton or Calgary? Please share your knowledge, it's very important issue.

Regards,
Dear All,
I & my wife got the Canadian Immigrant Visa June 18, 2014. We want to move to Canada August 03, 2014.

My wife was pregnant, when we did the medical she was not in pregnant that’s why visa office issue us visa. She is now in 03 month running and delivery date will be end of November 2014.

My questing is that, after reached in Canada Ontario in August, we need 03 months after Appling Health Card to get the free check up & free delivery.

If we don’t get the Health Card before my wife delivery date, what I need to do that time, because I hear that, pregnancy delivery expenses is so high in Canada if any person don’t have any Health Card.

So give me some advice as follows:

If there any Canadian govt. help, support regarding pregnant women
Or
Any organization give support do the pregnancy operation free, and other check up free
Or
Any hospital to give as installment basis payment.

Please give me advice me on that and give me some web link or organization / hospital name with phone number.

Need urgent help.

Thanks & regards.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - delivery costs are expensive. You should budget $10K if you have to pay for the delivery on your own. The costs can be higher if there are complications. There is no government help or organizations that can help. However most hospitals do allow you to pay these costs on an installment basis.

If you want to lower the costs of the delivery then you should consider having the baby at home with the help of a mid-wife. This will significantly lower the costs.

atifhassankhan

Star Member
Jan 26, 2010
toronto2011 said:
Dear all,

Regards,
Hi
for calgary u get ur health card within 15 days of landing. for any emergency u just have to dial 911 and the ambulance will be there within half an hour.

thanks
atif